Here at Wattpad, we know our creators have big dreams—and we love to help make them come true. Whether your dream is to get published, see your story on the big screen, or write something that gets adapted into new and exciting forms, Wattpad can help take your stories to the next level through a variety of opportunities and partnerships.
Right now, in the entertainment industry, the same stories are told and the same voices are heard over and over again. We’re here to change that.
What is Wattpad Studios?
Wattpad Studios is dedicated to harnessing the power of storytelling on Wattpad by propelling original stories (and their captivated audiences) into entertainment and publishing.
We're powered by storytellers like you, and backed by honest data and real-time insights.
How we find the next best seller
- We rely on your story’s audience engagement, community sentiment, data insights and our team of editorial experts to find great stories, unique voices and trends.
- By analyzing things like sentence structure, word use, and the vocabulary employed, we can determine if a story might have similarities to the works in Project Gutenberg (ie: classics that are in the public domain), or if they reveal similar traits to the top stories in different genres on Wattpad. This helps us quickly find new stories with great potential for publishing, TV, film and digital media partners.
We know that Wattpad's storytellers are constantly creating the trends and phenomena that resonate with audiences, which is why we are constantly working with media executives and publishers to pinpoint the best and brightest voices from the 400 million uploads shared on the platform. Whether your dream is to become a published author, or to pen the next big blockbuster, we aim to find matches made in (Hollywood) heaven by radically transforming the way the entertainment industry sources and produces content. We connect writers on Wattpad with publishers, such as Simon & Schuster, Harper Collins, Macmillan, Hachette, and our own publishing division, Wattpad Books, to producer your book.
How to accelerate your chances of getting published:
- Posting your story on Wattpad helps your story gain exposure and readership as you explore opportunities for your novel and look to get published or adapted
- As your story gains readership, it can also capture the attention of literary agents to help you attain publishing deals off platform.
- There are thousands of writers on Wattpad who have transitioned to traditional publishing from Wattpad and have had readership north of six figures
- As long as you let your literary agent and editor know your story is already posted on Wattpad, it will not hurt your chances of getting published as they can ensure a publishing contract reflects this and will simply adjust in the contract language. To learn more about the publishing process directly from a literary agent, click here
- We can facilitate multimedia and publishing deals with you and formally option your work under terms and a contract that feels right to you and with the right partner.
To learn more about what exciting things Wattpad Studios is up to, click here.
Chasing Red was one of 2016’s most-read stories on Wattpad -- and that was just the beginning for this Winnipeg-Manitoba-based writer. In a single year, her explosive hit has racked up over 127 million reads on Wattpad. Newly edited and expanded, the book was split into two and hit bookstore shelves in 2017. Despite her massive success on and off Wattpad, Isabelle frequently finds time to work with brands like E! Network to craft custom content that drives massive engagement among young people.
Ben Sobieck is the Watty Award-winning writer of the Confessions of a Fake Psychic Detective series on Wattpad, as well as the editor of The Writer’s Guide to Wattpad _(Writer’s Digest Books) and the author of _The Writer’s Guide to Weapons (Writer’s Digest Books). Four of his titles have appeared on Wattpad Hot Lists, all at the same time, including When the Black-Eyed Children Knock. He works professionally in the publishing industry. He’s also the creator of The Writer’s Glove, used in 33 countries, and enjoys Reuben sandwiches.
With almost a billion and a half fans on Twitter and Instagram, Texas-native Anna Todd is a certified social media phenomenon. In under a year, Anna wrote After on Wattpad, the most talked about story on the Internet, landed a six-figure publishing deal and had her story optioned for film. Today Anna is an international social star who has made reading a fully interactive experience for her enthusiastic fans.