The Thirteen Commandments of Fanfiction
1. Thou shalt not write Mary-Sue or Gary-Stu stories. EVER.
2. Thou shalt not write self-inserts. Please see Commandment #1.
3. Thou shalt learn how to use spell check.
4. Thou shalt learn how to use proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
5. Thou shalt not write stories without the disclaimer, lest ye get sued.
6. Thou shalt not write stories using other FFNet authors' characters without their permission.
7. Thou shalt not write songfics, unless thou art Meat Loaf or Peter Frampton.
8. Thou shalt not write in chatspeak, even if thou hath written the fic from your cell-phone.
9. Thou shalt not write one word or one sentence chapters.
10. Thou shalt not write authors notes that are more than 1/3 the length of the chapter.
11. Thou shalt not write AU unless you label it as AU. (Alternate Universe, for those who are not in the know. Yeah, YOU.)
12. Thou shalt not change a character's personality from how its Glorious Creator intended it.
13. Thou shalt read the book/play the game, before writing about it. ALL of it. And watching the movie/cutscenes doesn't count.
- JoinedApril 21, 2013