Greetings to new and old users (because whether you like it or not, we're all Wattpaders)! You most likely don't know me and I most likely don't know you, but that shouldn't stop us from doing what this site was made for: writing and/or reading.
Here's some tips from a semi-veteran of this site.
1. If you are writing seriously (there's nothing wrong with not writing for a career) your first draft will never be your final draft.
2. Writing takes time and energy.
3. Writer's block can be conquered, although sometimes you can't conquer it yourself.
4. Never throw away ideas you don't like. You could recycle them for later projects.
5. Most of the time you'll be your own worst critic. Don't be afraid to hit that daunting little "publish" button.
6. Write for yourself. Don't be a people pleaser.
7. It's okay if you don't get a lot of views. You'll learn how to attract people.
8. The people who criticize you rather than your work (ex: calling you stupid for grammar errors instead of helpfully pointing them out and encouraging you) are not your audience.
9. Don't let your ego get too big. You're not the best writer on the planet... yet!
Welcome to Wattpad! I should probably tell you about myself now.
1. I'm a fantasy and sci-fi writer, though I have dipped my toes into the world of fanfiction.
2. If you need help with writing or anything related to it, you can reach out to me.
3. I understand that my voice doesn't carry over into the words I say. If you saw my voice in this as aggressive or less than friendly, please let me know so I can revise what I said.
Happy writing and/or reading, everyone!
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
- California. Not the cool Hollywood part, the dry-desert-constantly-experiencing-bipolar-weather part.
- JoinedAugust 12, 2016