"Dammit Jim, I'm an author, not a cover artist."
Don't judge a book by its cover.
Hello, my name is Lauren. I sing, I dance, and I don't steal things, despite what Jason Mraz would lead you to believe. BBC/Kdrama watchers, come hither and gather 'round the campfire. I ate all the chocolate, but there's still plenty of marshmallows and graham crackers left.
I'm a tall lady living beyond the borders of the tall world. The showers are shorter here.
Despite my best intentions, my writing updates are sporadic. My reading is slightly less so. On to the next adventure!
I have a few pet peeves when it comes to writing. The first is ending sentences with "at" (ex: "The place where it was at.") It absolutely drives me crazy, but I know there is a bit of a debate about ending sentences in prepositions, so I try to overlook it (funnily enough, I'm okay with other prepositions at the end of sentences, just not that one). Second is what I call the "Twilight Tease", where an author feels their story starts out too blandly, but instead of making efforts to fix it, takes the lazy way out and skips to the climax of their story, copies a section of it, and then puts it at the beginning of their story as a "prologue" to hook readers. THAT IS NOT A PROLOGUE.
I love to read, but reading makes me want to write. And I love to write, but writing makes me want to read...
Currently working on four stories:
1. Secrets of the Swords: posted to Wattpad, slow updates.
2. Forever Green: newly posted to Wattpad. Updates should be about once a week for the first ten chapters or so.
3. Tongue-Tied Teacher, Soo Jae-in: modern-day kdrama story, not yet posted to Wattpad.
4. Battle of the Sea Dragon: a sort-of sequel to Ballad of the Mountain Fox, once again featuring everyone's favorite liver-hungry gumiho, not yet posted to Wattpad.
Is maith liom tae agus leabhair. <3
- My summer home in the Fire Swamp. The trees are actually quite lovely.
- JoinedDecember 17, 2012