Kai Bolton is an outcast. With his rugged good looks, stoic demeanour, haunting past and rough record he's the reclaimed bad boy without a doubt. He lives his life in darkness with no purpose, no family and but one friend, Cole Weller. He goes to school most days, hangs out with Cole then goes home, constantly on repeat and counting down the days until graduation. He doesn't think anything will ever change, that is until his life takes an unexpected path.
Suddenly, new people begin to enter Kai's life and he comes to realise that he is not alone.
One of those people is Amelia Parker, a shy mysterious girl at a first glance who is also hiding a painful secret, a secret that Kai is determined to uncover.
Everything changes as he is set on a journey unlike any other. Friendships blossom, truths are revealed, bonds are formed and maybe something more. The world slowly becomes more colourful, exciting, inviting even.
But as these relationships develop Kai starts to close in on himself, afraid of losing everything he has gained. The solid walls he built up and the bad boy image he created to hide the truth weaken when his courage is put to the test. Will Kai face his fears? Will he ever reach the life he always dreamed of? Or will his life remain the way it is - a startling monochrome?
Cover by @kensaline
- Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Never Ending Path
- Chapter 2: The First Step
- Chapter 3: One Foot After Another
- Chapter 4: The Decision at the Crossroads
- Chapter 5: The Continuation of the Unknown Distance
- Chapter 6: A Change in Direction
- Chapter 7: A Bump in the Road
- Chapter 8: Faltering in Stride
- Chapter 9: Waiting to Cross
- Chapter 10: Just Round the Bend
- Chapter 11: Pacing Forward Cautiously
- Chapter 12: Entering the Pink Dotted Path
- Chapter 13: May's Fluttering Goodbye
- Chapter 14: Bounding into June
- Chapter 15: Hesitating Before Turning the Corner
- Chapter 16: Picking up the Pace
- Chapter 17: Am I on the Right Track?
- Chapter 18: Puzzled at the Junction
- Chapter 19: Taking the Right Turn
- Chapter 20: An Unexpected Twist in the Ongoing Journey
- Chapter 21: Stopping at Another Obstacle
- Chapter 22: Entering the Clearing
- Chapter 23: Taking the Time to Find My Way
- Chapter 24: Stepping into the Light
- Chapter 25: Making a U-turn
- Chapter 26: Attempting to Follow the Straight Road
- Chapter 27: A Crack in the Pavement
- Chapter 28: Looking Both Ways
- Chapter 29: Where the Two Paths Meet
- Chapter 30: Approaching the Winding Street
- Chapter 31: Preparing for the Uphill Climb
- Chapter 32: Almost at the Peak
- Chapter 33: The View from the Summit
- Chapter 34: Freefalling Down the Slope
- Chapter 35: Halting at the Other Side
- Chapter 36: A Curve in the Road