"I LOVE IT!" - CarniaHolmes
"I'm going to break your nose, because I don't like your face," Carter said.
She pointed to Zac.
"I'm going to dislocate your other shoulder, just to make them even."
She cocked her head and gave the main guy a sickly sweet smile.
"I'm going to break your wrist, taking away your baseball career. And finally you, Finch," she said, looking to the last guy. "I'm going to bust your ankle because I don't like the way you walk." She slid her hands into her pockets. "Now, how does that sound to all of you? And please feel free to look amused, skeptical or patronizing at this point. I'll have all the more fun wiping the expressions off your faces."
As a daughter of a Secret Service agent, Carter knows how to defend herself and read people, two skills she uses to keep everyone at bay. This isn't difficult when she's the outcast at Hamilton Prep, a school filled with the children of D. C.'s elite. Including the President's son.
Her status as social pariah is changed when a flood of new students turn up at the school. Carter finds herself making two unexpected friends, Link and Donovan, who are unconcerned with where she falls on the social ladder and amused by her sharp wit and snarky comments.
The only problem is there might be more to them than meets the eye, a fact Carter doesn't fail to notice.
"This is one of those books that seem like it won't be really good, but then it's mindblowing-ly amazing and then you're questioning life =)" - rwrites07
"I can't believe it took me so long to decide to read this amazing book." - Gitingu
"finally a book that is not cliche" - Blackpantheress123
"#rr for like the 10th time haha love this book" - tahls16
"I loved this book, it wasn't cringey cliche or stupid. I normally hate third person books but I loved this and all the characters, especially carter." - lenathedov
#1 Teen Fiction, #1 Teen Romance #1 Fiction
Start: May 28, 2017
Complete: January 12, 2018
- Would you look at that cast?!
- An author's note. 🙄 Wow, I'm so surprised.
- Chapter 1 - "So enters wonder boy."
- Chapter 2 - "You really have no boundaries, do you?"
- Chapter 3 - "I'm going to break your nose, because I don't like your face."
- Chapter 4 - "Owens, do you ever shut up?"
- Chapter 5 - "This won't hurt you one bit."
- Chapter 6 - "I convey a moody persona?"
- Chapter 7 -"Try to keep up, old man."
- Chapter 8 -"I never pegged either of you as the skittish type."
- Chapter 9 -"You're kind of cute when you're flirting."
- Chapter 10 - "Funny one, Carter."
- Chapter 11 - "Taking her up on her offer?"
- Chapter 12 - "There's nothing to say for now, Carter."
- Chapter 13 - "I can't ever lose him."
- Chapter 14 - "How did you know?"
- Chapter 15 - "Why I do favors for people is beyond me."
- Chapter 16 - "I prefer a swift punch."
- Chapter 17 - "You look nice, Sarge."
- Chapter 18 -"Play nice."
- Chapter 19 - "How can he be so clueless?"
- Chapter 20 - "Get. The. Hell. Out."
- Chapter 21 - "People fail you."
- Chapter 22 - "You want to crash here on the couch?"
- Chapter 23 -"She can't just show up and do this to us!"
- Chapter 24 - "You don't have to talk to her."
- Chapter 25 - "Were you waiting for us?"
- Chapter 26 - "Don't assume you know everything."
- Chapter 27 - "You don't have to say it."
- Chapter 28 - "I didn't think I would see you again."
- Chapter 29 - "You look hot."
- Chapter 30 - "How badly did I screw up?"
- Chapter 31 - "I said it was fine."
- Chapter 32 - "I know it's not a date, it was a slip of the tongue."
- Chapter 33 - "Look, I can't tell you."
- Chapter 34 - "Do you ever regret it?"
- Chapter 35 - "She knows, Jay."
- Chapter 36 - "Does it look like I'm joking?"
- Chapter 37 - "Donovan, just talk to me."
- Chapter 38 - "Don't punch me if you lose."
- Chapter 39 - "I do not want your pity or sympathy."
- Chapter 40 - "Let's go find Link."
- Chapter 41 - "Split up."
- Chapter 42 - "Get out of my way."
- Chapter 43 - "You ready?"
- Chapter 44 - "Who am I speaking to?"
- Chapter 45 - "You got my message."
- Chapter 46 - "It doesn't mean it's okay."
- Chapter 47 - "Then I can kiss you again."
- Just one minute, that's all I ask of you.
- A Secret Service Special Surprise
- Chapter 1 (Donovan's POV)
- Special Scene Snippets
- A Cross-Over Special
- The secrets behind A Secret Service
- Don't hate me! It's only a cover gallery.
- Duck and cover gallery!
- Take cover gallery!