Then They Came
Anyone could say they don't exist. Anyone could say they're not real.
Anyone can see them.
But not many can believe them.
In most circumstances when you see a girl being bullied or teased, most would run and cower. Cry, complain, make an overall fuss about the whole affair.
Therefore, nobody expects the quiet ones to bite back.
The problem with that is, my existence on this earth is to prove them wrong.
Chrys is a quiet girl. But who says quiet girls don't have a backbone?
Everyone, that's who.
She has been teased for years- for various reasons. However, the one thing that separates her from the others?
She could care less.
Building up walls took a few years and quite a few mistakes, but now her barriers are up and they are NOT coming down.
CERTAINLY not for any boy.
But when a new kid mysteriously appears in her high school, Chrys is thrown into an adventure of mysteries, tall tales, and new identities.
Could this one boy break down the defenses that countless have failed at breaching?
And the real question is... Will she let him?
- The cover picture is from Google
- All quotes from books at the beginning of the chapters are cited with the authors,
they are NOT mine
- Any song lyrics accidentally written unintentionally are not meant to be a copyright infringement
- All lyrics purposefully placed are cited
- All characters are of my own creation, as well as the plot and prologue.