Reputations, like the delicate petals of a Helstone rose, are fragile things indeed...
Upon discovering Margaret in the arms of an unknown man, John intervenes. How will their story end when reputations are questioned?
**This is a North and South fanfiction. As my first time publicly posting anything I have written, I encourage whatever feedback you can offer so I can improve.**
Cover photo and design by beautiful_red_head (me!).
- Chapter 1 - Intervention
- Chapter 2 - Revelations
- Chapter 3 - A Breath of Fresh Air
- Chapter 4 - And So It Begins
- Chapter 5 - Requesting a Lady's Favor
- Chapter 6 - A Connection Most Deadly
- Chapter 7 - Clouds Lifted
- Chapter 8 - Most Pleased to Receive You
- Chapter 9 - The Tittle-Tattle of Milton
- Chapter 10 - A Small World
- Chapter 11 - Plummeting from the Heights
- Chapter 12 - A Different Proposition
- Chapter 13 - Deny You Nothing
- Chapter 14 - Securing Wishes
- Chapter 15 - A Connection Most Sinister
- Chapter 16 - I Am Here Now
- Chapter 17 - To Ruin You
- Chapter 18 - Nothing to Forgive
- Chapter 19 - A Connection Most Familial
- Chapter 20 - Reputation, Earned or Not
- Chapter 21 - Shall We Begin?
- Chapter 22 - Friends or Foes
- Chapter 23 - Reputations Be Damned