She almost died. Then he showed up.
Supernatural rom-com, heavy on the sarcasm & messed up folk.
In the near future, nightmares take flesh and murder indiscriminately. 19yo loner April's on her way home after work one day, and her nightmare comes for her. There's no way to fight, no way to run. It's all over. No one survives nightmare attacks, ever. But then a boy shows up and saves her... and then proceeds to invade her life. April's loner days are at an end... and that's just the beginning.
When I set out to write my next novel, I used a dream/short story from my teens as the starting point. One thing led to another, and the novel is now totally unrecognizable from it's early roots (and still undergoing edits!)... but I still wanted to tell that earlier story and the first chapter of this just sort of came to me one night (ok, 2 am). This is my attempt to recapture the tone, characterization and plot. Completely fresh writing week by week, with only a general sense of where things are going. Updated Fridays.
- One of those days
- Can I crash with you?
- So much for that
- Alone at last
- Hope you like pancakes
- Chapter 6: Mismatched shoes
- Chapter 7: Priorities and Promises
- Chapter 8: Antisocial misanthropy and other lifestyle choices
- Chapter 9 Rational and irrational urges
- Chapter 10: Laundry and other chores
- Chapter 11: So not feminist
- Chapter 12: Adulting involves boundaries
- Chapter 13: Rumpled Guy Dave
- Chapter 14: Killer paperwork