***ALL CREDITS TO L.M.MONTGOMERY***
A sweet and moving romance from the author of the beloved Anne of Green Gables series!
Eric Marshall, recent college graduate, has the world at his feet. When an old school friend asks Eric to substitute teach for him on Prince Edward Island, Eric thinks, why not?
Kilmeny Gordon, perfect in every way but one: she can't speak. She's been sheltered all her life due to her disability and the scandal surrounding her birth. When Eric stumbles into her hidden orchard, he brings a whole new world with him, and a friendship that both frightens her and thrills her.
How can he get her to accept that she's the only woman he'll ever love, when she is convinced that the only way to love him is to let him go?
Besides, why can't she speak?
And what of the jealous Neil?
#34 in Classics 18/09/17
Summary from Goodreads
- Kilmeny Of The Orchard
- CHAPTER 1: THE THOUGHTS OF YOUTH
- CHAPTER 2: A LETTER OF DESTINY
- CHAPTER 3: THE MASTER OF LINDSAY SCHOOL
- CHAPTER 4: A TEA-TABLE CONVERSATION
- CHAPTER 5: A PHANTOM OF DELIGHT
- CHAPTER 6: THE STORY OF KILMENY
- CHAPTER 7: A ROSE OF WOMANHOOD
- CHAPTER 8: AT THE GATE OF EDEN
- CHAPTER 9: THE STRAIGHT SIMPLICITY OF EVE
- CHAPTER 10: A TROUBLING OF THE WATERS
- CHAPTER 11: A LOVER AND HIS LASS
- CHAPTER 12: A PRISONER OF LOVE
- CHAPTER 13: A SWEETER WOMAN NE'ER DREW BREATH
- CHAPTER 14: IN HER SELFLESS MOOD
- CHAPTER 15: AN OLD, UNHAPPY, FAR-OFF THING
- CHAPTER 16: DAVID BAKER'S OPINION
- CHAPTER 17: A BROKEN FETTER
- CHAPTER 18: NEIL GORDON SOLVES HIS OWN PROBLEM
- CHAPTER 19: VICTOR FROM VANQUISHED ISSUES