In the companion sequel to "Amethyst of the Fringe", "Maryssa of the Otherlands" picks up right where the War of the Winter Bear began. Maryssa, the first-in-line of Odan's legitimate children, has been promised to marry the man who killed her father: the newly crowned king of Elendyria, King Alarchson. The mage princess who's been raised more as a healer than a warrior is now thrust into the plot set forth by her people to overthrow the crown from within. Her father may be dead, but his promise for a mage-run Elendyria is not.
Maryssa must decide between being the puppet for the family she has left and doing as they bid - make Alarchson fall in love with her and then steal his throne with murder - or finally making a name for herself beyond just being the daughter of the most notorious wild magician who ever lived.
In this sequel to "Amethyst of the Fringe", familiar characters come back, new characters are introduced, and characters you thought you knew will surprise you. Stay tuned for updates!
- Cover Art and Family Tree
- Chapter One: A Father's Promise
- Chapter Two: Family Reunion
- Chapter Three: An Unwilling Volunteer
- Chapter Four: Travel to a New Land
- Chapter Five: A Room of One's Own
- Chapter Six: Family Dinner
- Chapter Seven: A New Perspective
- Chapter Eight: Hidden Chambers
- Chapter Ten: Of Dragons and Better Men