Daughters of the King
**WATTPAD PICKS - BLAST TO THE FUTURE PAST LIST** 800 girls selected by King Louis XIV embark on a journey across the seas from their homeland. Each is given a dowry, and the expectation that they are to marry a French settler, in order to increase the population of New France. They are the historic Daughters of the King, or "les filles du roi."
Eighteen-year-old Celeste Dubois is a free spirited, strong willed, educated, and stubborn girl, years ahead of her time who comes from a wealthy Parisian family that has squandered their money, and is forced to join the other girls in seeking passage to New France. However, Celeste doesn't intend to marry a complete stranger, and hopes to use the dowry and the free voyage as a way to escape the poverty and social ranks of Paris. Matters are complicated when against her will, she falls in love.
Seventeen-year-old, sweet, romantic, kind, and stunningly beautiful Lorraine Leblanc is a girl from a large family with "children to spare." Unlike Celeste, she happily dreams of the day she will meet her future husband in New France. When she marries a mysterious widower with two young children of his own and still reeling after his broken heart, she realizes that married life isn't all she had hoped it would be, and begins to wonder about her new husband's complicated past.
- Wattpad Picks Blast to the Future Past list 2018
- The 50 Best Wattpad Stories of 2018 by Design Wizard
- 2018 Youngblood Awards Winner (Romance)
- 2018 True North Awards 2nd place for Historical Fiction and 2nd place Truly Canadian special category award
- Featured by Wattpad Historical Fiction profile under Kings, Courtships and Empires
- Featured by Wattpad Young Adult Fiction profile under Love, Actually