Sharing Corrie || ✓
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when longing is fulfilled, it is a tree of life."
Corrie Walker never expected to have to abandon her English degree, handsome suitor Edwin McAlister, and bustling life in New York City to return to her hometown in Virginia. However, when the Great War strikes and her younger sister Christina falls deathly ill, Corrie must leave her life behind and go home to care for her. There, she meets her sister's doctor, Alexander Benjamin, and discovers their mutual love of poetry, making her wonder if she even wants to return to her old life. When Christina's condition worsens and Corrie must extend her stay indefinitely, Corrie is forced to decide between her life in New York with Edwin and her future at home with Dr. Benjamin.
Duty, dreams, or desires. Which shall win in the end?
- First Place in the Galaxy Awards for Historical Fiction/Non-Fiction -
- First Place in the Hot Dog Awards for Historical Fiction/Non-Fiction -
- First Place in the Quill Awards for Historical Fiction/Non-fiction -
- Second Place in the Mist Awards for Historical Fiction -
- Second Place in the Elimination Awards for Fiction
- Second Place in the Summer Awards for Historical Fiction -
- Most Likely to be found in a bookstore in the Iced Tea Summer Bash -
- Second Place in the Hopeful Awards -
- Second Place in the Majestic Awards -
Book One in the Ragtime Girls Series
Graphic credit: @fanna-tastic