***** ALL CREDITS TO L.M.MONTGOMERY****
The eighth (and final) book in the 'Anne' series
"Before this war is over,' [Walter] said - or something said through his lips - 'every man and woman and child in Canada will feel it - you, Mary, will feel it - feel it to your heart's core. [...] It will be years before the dance of death is over - years, Mary. And in those years millions of hearts will break."
Rilla is a young girl when World War I breaks out. At first she doesn't realize what this means for herself, her family, Canada and all of the world. But the heartbreaking truth is soon evident to vain and easy going Rilla, and the ensuing four years change her life forever.
Tragedy, love, and humor are mixed in one heart wrenching book, all by Montgomery's amazing style.
GOODREADS RATED THIS 4.14 STARS.
AMAZON RATED THIS 4.6 STARS
#14 in Classics 25/9/17
#21 in Classics 17/10/17
3rd in the New Author Awards Historical Fiction
PS Keep a box of tissues with you.
- CHAPTER 1: GLEN 'NOTES' AND OTHER MATTERS
- CHAPTER 2: DEW OF MORNING
- CHAPTER 3: MOONLIGHT MIRTH
- CHAPTER 4: THE PIPER PIPES
- CHAPTER 5: "THE SOUND OF A-GOING"
- CHAPTER 6: SUSAN, RILLA AND DOG MONDAY MAKE A RESOLUTION
- CHAPTER 7: A WAR BABY AND A SOUP TUREEN
- CHAPTER 8: RILLA DECIDES
- CHAPTER 9: DOC HAS A MISADVENTURE
- CHAPTER 10: THE TROUBLES OF RILLA
- CHAPTER 11: DARK AND BRIGHT
- CHAPTER 12: IN THE DAYS OF LANGEMARCK
- CHAPTER 13: A SLICE OF HUMBLE PIE
- CHAPTER 14: THE VALLEY OF DECISION
- CHAPTER 15: UNTIL THE DAY BREAK
- CHAPTER 16; REALISM AND ROMANCE
- CHAPTER 17: THE WEEKS WEAR BY
- CHAPTER 18: A WAR WEDDING
- CHAPTER 19: "THEY SHALL NOT PASS"
- CHAPTER 20: NORMAN DOUGLAS SPEAKS OUT IN MEETING
- CHAPTER 21 : "LOVE AFFAIRS ARE HORRIBLE"
- CHAPTER 22: LITTLE DOG MONDAY KNOWS
- CHAPTER 23: "AND SO, GOODNIGHT"
- CHAPTER 24: MARY IS JUST IN TIME
- CHAPTER 25: SHIRELY GOES
- CHAPTER 26: SUSAN HAS A PROPOSAL OF MARRIAGE
- CHAPTER 27: WAITING
- CHAPTER 28: BLACK SUNDAY
- CHAPTER 29: "WOUNDED AND MISSING"
- CHAPTER 30: THE TURNING OF THE TIDE
- CHAPTER 31: MRS. MATILDA PITTMAN
- CHAPTER 32: WORD FROM JEM
- CHAPTER 33: VICTORY!
- CHAPTER 34: MR HYDE GOES TO HIS OWN PLACE AND SUSAN TAKES A HONEYMOON
- CHAPTER 35: "RILLA -MY -RILLA"