Some thoughts about the nature and the future of writing in the internet age.
Are you a writer? Do you despair of ever getting published? Well if you're reading this, you already have the means to publish yourself, online. Not the same thing? You're right, self publishing is much better. Sure there's hardly any money in it, but there's no money doing it the other way either. Things are changing and you need to forget about the old way of doing things.
This is not a book about how to write. It is not a book about how to get into print. It's about a new way of thinking, about the nature of the writing process itself, and its importance to the only person who matters and that's you.
- Who am I?
- For Whom do we Write?
- Writing for money
- Writing for Yourself
- Writing what we're given
- The writing life - beware the war against rejection and obscurity!
- Should a writer ever pay to have their work published?
- Good Poems They Were
- In praise of the humble typo
- The Sea of Words
- The Games People Play
- About a thousand words
- Writers in desperate search of recognition
- Is Amazon good for aspiring writers?
- Why be an independent writer
- Better than nothing?
- So, you think you're big enough to be a writer?
- Reader be careful out there