Beneath the Masks (MiniZerk and Sidemen Fanf...
The year is 2515. In the society of Area 29, you do as you are told or face the consequences. Some of the rules and regulations are:
- never take your mask off unless instructed to by the Respected
- Do anything you are told by an upperclassmen
- Do not make any physical contact with anyone besides the people in your household
- Never look into a mirror without your mask on
- Do not enter a building that does not belong to you before being invited in
- Do not enter anyone else's sleeping courtiers unless you are matches.
These are just a few of the rules you must follow if you live in Area 29.
In Area 29, everyone dresses the same, everyone's house looks the same, everything is the same. The only thing different are the masks. Masks look different depending on your assigned job, class, and gender. Girls get a pink star on their mask and boys get a blue star when they are first admitted to an Area.
There are four types of classes: lower, middle, experienced, and Respected. A lower is someone who has just entered an Area. A middle is someone who has passed the test as a lower and now is given a match, job apprenticeship, and a new mask. An experienced is someone who has just married their match and will be given a lower to care for, a job, house, and a new mask. A Respected is a leader in an Area. To be a Respected, your assigned caregivers must be Respected's or the job apprenticeship must be for a Respected. Respected's never wear masks.
Lowers have green masks. Middles have purple masks. Experienced's have silver masks. Along with a job that has been assigned, a certain image or symbol is put on their mask.
When Josh Bradley and Simon Minter find themselves in Area 29, they find it's not what you think.