The Hunt is over but the War has just begun.
Against all odds, Janneke has survived the Hunt for the Stag--but all good things come with a cost. Lydian might be dead, but he took the Stag with him. Janneke now holds the mantle, while Soren, now her equal in every way, has become the new Erlking. Janneke's powers as the new Stag bring along haunting visions of a world thrown into chaos and the ghost of Lydian taunts her with the riddles he spoke of when he was alive.
When Janneke discovers the truth of Lydian and his madness, she's forced to see her tormentor in a different light for the first time. The world they know is dying and Lydian may hold the key to saving it.
Torn between her feelings and her duty as the Stag, Janneke must bring her tormentor back to life if she has hopes of keeping her world alive. But the journey is long and hard and this time she won't have Soren for company.
Lydian might be able to stop the worlds from crumbling, but reviving him may cost Janneke the life with Soren she's tried to hard to build. After all, there can only be one King....
Cover by @seventhstar
- Notes Before Reading
- GOBLIN KING
- For Want of a Nail
- Part One: THE FUTURE
- Chapter One: Visions
- Chapter Two: Riddles
- Chapter Three: Promise
- Chapter Four: Cosmic Force
- Chapter Five: Persuasion
- Chapter Six: Powerless
- Chapter Seven: Field of the Damned
- Chapter Eight: Sins of the Father
- Part Two: The Past
- Chapter Nine: Broken Crown
- Chapter Ten: The Valley
- Chapter Eleven: Fatherless Child
- Chapter Twelve: Pathos
- Chapter Thirteen: Mob
- Chapter Fourteen: What Is and Never Shall Be
- Chapter Fifteen: Enemy Mine (Soren's POV)
- Chapter Sixteen: Reunion
- PART THREE: The Present
- Chapter Seventeen: East of the Sun and West of the Moon
- Chapter Eighteen: Prodigal Son
- Chapter Nineteen: Kindred (Soren POV)
- Chapter Twenty: Tumble
- Chapter Twenty-One: Burials
- Chapter Twenty-Two: Betrayal
- Chapter Twenty-Three: We All Still Die (Soren POV)
- Chapter Twenty-Four: What We Leave Behind