unfinished and not being updated as of 4/18/20
In this world, your worth is determined by a number.
Only for Mattie, that number is zero.
Matthia Somerhall's existence is a secret. Her parents hid her from the world because she is Zero-Affinity. Mattie is the middle-child of a family whose name is written into the Tome of Aster. Her older brother is the youngest High Wizard in centuries and her younger sister is a genius magical prodigy who entered Aitenwall University of Magic at age eleven. And then there's Mattie. She can't make the simplest flame or pop in and out of places. Labeled a "normie," Mattie struggles against the pressures of not being able to use magic in a world full of it.
But this magical society is on the verge of collapse, and Mattie finds herself in the middle of it.
With an amnesiac whose age constantly changes and a thief who has a knack for spatial manipulation, Mattie takes it upon herself to figure exactly who has made her life a living hell.
- chapter 1 - it's just a normie day
- chapter 2 - isn't five a happy number?
- chapter 3 - where Mattie decides to become a badass
- chapter 4 - the nobodies of Cavmoire School for Losers
- chapter 5 - sorry, Mattie, but the world isn't fair
- chapter 6 - The Completely Fair and Impartial Trial of Mattie Andersen
- chapter 7 - where Mattie decides to be a badass, part 2
- chapter 8 - Mattie and Brunhildt Spade
- chapter 9 - Mattie and Brunhildt Spade, part 2
- chapter 10 - it's dangerous, but you can handle it, right?
- chapter 11 - the invisible girl
- chapter 12 - these painful goodbyes
- chapter 13 - Mattie versus The World
- chapter 14 - on the streets of Mekto
- chapter 15 - just peachy
- chapter 16 - adding oil to the fire
- chapter 17 - don't piss off Hamel
- chapter 18 - 102 Yellow Flower Quarter
- chapter 19 - what happened, Tara?
- chapter 20 - where were you, Hamel?
- chapter 21 - call me Lucas, but only sometimes
- chapter 22 - where are you going, Hamel?
- chapter 23 - meander in the forest
- chapter 24 - mouth full of glass
- chapter 25 - child's play
- chapter 26 - home, sweet, home
- chapter 27 - few good men