I live in a pretty screwed up world.
I mean, we all do, but mine's a little more screwed up than your average American city.
First off, I have that cliché sort of crush on my best friend. The second part of that cliché is that he's interested in every other girl but me.
Second, we have superheroes. A whole crap load of 'em. Flying everywhere like annoying insects, teleporting like it doesn't scare the crap out of the rest of us, defeating bad guys like they're the new Mr. Incredible. The whole works.
The third thing is, I'm one of the turds in that crap load of superheroes.
My name is Kiera Knight, but the rest of the world knows me as Shadow.
Kiera Knight has been saving Cryptic City from her nemesis, Blaze, for two years now. As soon as she thinks she's got him under control, the wildfire spreads chaos through both of her lives-- as Shadow and Kiera. But she soon finds out that masks can't hide every secret, and she might have been helping guard a secret that could put Cryptic City in ruins.
"I hate supervillains. But after being a superhero, I think I'd prefer to be a supervillain now."
(Dudes, I seriously didn't even think of Keira Knightley when I made up her name. Just thought I'd let you know . . .)
- The Chair of Doom
- Unsuccessful Goldfish Murders
- Pyromaniacs and Bad Puns
- Party Crashers
- The Worst History Group in the History of History
- Nonchalant Murders
- Lions Don't Have Money
- SpongeBob Soundtracks and Evil Clouds
- Dove Body Wash
- Beer Pong Pros
- Woman Up
- Spandex Butts and Identity Revelations
- "Looking for the Answers in the Pouring Rain"
- You Burnt My Fajitas
- Terminator 2.0
- Talk of Murder Over Capri Suns
- Family Game Night Fail
- Stolen Lamborghinis and Failing Chemistry
- Return of Strawberry Man
- This School is on Fiiiirrreee
- Saved by a Cardboard Cutout of Miley Cyrus
- Fact: Strawberry Ice Cream is Gross
- DJ Blaze
- The Nine-Year-Old Pyromaniac
- King Henry VIII was Gay?
- Author's Note
- Cole's POV
- Cole's POV - The Reveal