You know when you were younger and they told you that you could be whoever you wished to be? You could grow up and become whatever you set your mind and heart upon?
Yep, well I'm here to tell you that's a complete load of bull.
So as I stared across at my fiancé, our hands conjoined as he read his vows- it dawned on me.
Getting married at age 23 to a self centered lawyer who viewed me as more of his little prodigé than his actually wife was not what I wanted. Becoming a defense attorney at a record age to a company own by said husband that I'll never be taken seriously in was definitely not what I wanted. And making my parents happy by completely shutting down any hopes and dreams I've ever had. was absolutely not what I wanted.
"Nope." I shook my head, glancing between the priest and Jake, my soon-to-be, as I yanked my hands out of his.
"W-what?" He stuttered, looking back at me mortified along with everyone else in the chapel.
"Fuck this." I shook my head, as I lifted my dress and quickly made my way back down the isle that was littered with people I'd never seen before.
So, few hours later and I'm on the first flight to Maine. Why?
Well, shit happens.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The House
- Chapter 3: Art Teacher?
- Chapter 4: First day
- Chapter 5: The Home Wrecker
- Chapter 6: Teach Me How To Paint
- Chapter 7: More Awkward Interactions
- Chapter 8: Exploring the Home
- Chapter 9: Lacey's
- Chapter 10: The Coffee Shop
- Chapter 11: Mother
- Chapter 12: Project
- Chapter 13: Awkward Sunday Brunch pt. 1
- Chapter 14: Awkward Sunday Brunch pt. 2
- Chapter 15: Give Me A Massage, Or Give Me Death
- Chapter 16: The Key
- Chapter 17: The Penthouse
- Chapter 18: Broken Angel
- Chapter 19: Lacey
- Chapter 20: Daddy And Ari Sitting In A Tree
- Chapter 21: Fine Establishment
- Chapter 22: Running
- Chapter 23: Mother pt. 2
- Chapter 24: The Festival
- Chapter 25: The Festival pt. 2
- Chapter 26: Beer Bottle
- Chapter 27: C-Can You Help Me?
- Chapter 28: The Decision
- Chapter 29: The Hospital
- Chapter 30: The Confession
- Chapter 31: Jake Tulley
- Chapter 32: Negotiations
- Chapter 33: The Café
- Chapter 34: Steve Garret
- Chapter 35: Ms. Golding
- Chapter 36: Nick's Tactics
- Chapter 37: Preparations For The Trial
- Chapter 38: The Trial pt. 1
- Chapter 39: The Trial pt. 2
- Chapter 40: Fin