"How dare you bring me aboard this ship without so much as telling me what you are?" She yelled.
Kincade let out a smug grin, one that infuriated Astryd even more. She took a few more steps toward him so that they were mere feet apart.
He looked down at a doubloon he was holding and slowly turned it over in his hands as he spoke. "I saw a troubled woman in a sailor's pub, obviously hiding from the royal guards. Surely you must have gotten yourself into a sticky situation. And you don't expect me to assume what you are?"
Astryd fumbled for words. What was he getting at?
He lifted his head to look her in the eyes. "You're a thief and now a sailor. You know what that makes you, sweetheart?"
"I am not a..." she shouted, but she stumbled at the last word. She pointed her finger in Kincade's face and whispered, "pirate."
I would like to acknowledge Thompson Editing Services, who is responsible for being my editor and proofreader for this book as well as an amazing writing mentor.
I own the story as well as all of the characters inside it. This book is copyrighted to me.
I own the book cover art (illustrated by myself) but I do not own any of the images featured throughout the story.
Highest ranking: #10 in Pirate
This is the first draft. This story is currently in the process of being edited.
- Chapter 1: The Stranger
- Chapter 2: "This isn't at all what I expected."
- Chapter 3: Lies and Cannon Fire
- Chapter 4: The truth
- Chapter 5: A pirate's life (is not) for me
- Chapter 6: "What an idiot."
- Chapter 7: Trust me
- Chapter 8: Not a pirate
- Chapter 9: From bad to worse
- Chapter 10: Run
- Chapter 11: Home
- Chapter 12: Astryd's story
- Chapter 13: Pirate Practice
- Chapter 14: Old Friends
- Chapter 15: A Bargain
- Chapter 16: Prisoner
- Chapter 17: "We'll figure something out."
- Chapter 18: Escape
- Chapter 19: The Beginning of the End
- Chapter 20: An Audience with the King
- Chapter 21: As Events Unfold
- Chapter 22: The Beginning
- I need beta readers!