In the year 2020, the music industry is dead. A new technology called SirenSong has gone viral and wiped out every major record label on the planet.
An out-of-work record exec and his grandson Zac are on a crusade to find the one voice that can break the SirenSong spell and save the music business. When Zac encounters a girl named Ari, the connection between them is instant. There's something very different about her. Something special. Could Ari be the girl that they've been seeking? If only he could find a way to hear her sing. . . .
Unfortunately, Ari has been dealing her whole life with a condition called Selective Mutism. She can speak (and sing) when alone, but not around other people. Her doctors attribute her condition to anxiety in the wake of a childhood trauma. But Ari isn't so sure about that diagnosis. If her problem is really an anxiety disorder, then why has every psychiatric treatment in the book failed to help her? She can't help but dwell on the similar plight of her namesake and favorite Disney character, Ariel from The Little Mermaid. That Ari couldn't speak in front of other human beings either. Not until she found the love of a handsome prince.
Is Zac the one who can unlock her hidden secrets? Will he turn her life into a retelling of her favorite fairytale? Or will her unhealthy obsession with all-things-mermaid lead Ari to nothing but heartache - or worse yet, to a watery grave.
- Story Description
- Prologue: The Transcript (Fragment One)
- Chapter 1: The Aquarium
- Chapter 2: The Disruption
- Chapter 3: The Transcript (Fragment 2)
- Chapter 4: Drowning
- Chapter 5: Premonition
- Chapter 6: The Transcript (Fragment 3)
- Chapter 7: Royalty
- Chapter 8: I Can't Feel My Face
- Chapter 9: Nightswimming (Part 1)
- Chapter 10: Nightswimming (Part 2)
- Chapter 11: The Transcript (Fragment 4)
- Chapter 12: The After-Party
- Chapter 13: Total Devastation
- Chapter 14: Romeo & Juliet
- Chapter 15: The Transcript (Fragment 5)
- Chapter 16: Pillowtalk
- Chapter 17: The Voice
- Chapter 18: Sleeping With Sirens (Part 1)
- Chapter 19: Sleeping With Sirens (Part 2)
- Chapter 20: The Counter-Disruption
- Chapter 21: The Transcript (Fragment 6)
- Author's Note
- Chapter 22: Submerged
- Chapter 23: The Siren's Song
- *Reader Survey*
- Chapter 24: The Kiss of True Love
- Chapter 25: The Sea Witch Prince
- Chapter 26: The Transcript (Fragment 7)
- Chapter 27: Head Over Tail Fin
- Chapter 28: Calculating
- Chapter 29: The Storm
- Chapter 30: The Transcript (Fragment 8)
- Chapter 31: Chaos
- Chapter 32: Silence
- Chapter 33: The Leak
- Chapter 34: Do You See Me At All?
- Watty Award 2016 WINNER!!!!
- Chapter 35: Under The Tall Waves
- Chapter 36: True Love To The Rescue
- Chapter 37: The Transcript (Fragment 9)
- Chapter 38: Leg to Leg, Mouth to Mouth
- Chapter 39: The Transcript (Fragment 10)
- UPDATE: Fiction Award WINNER!