Girl meets boy. Girl is smitten. Boy is smitten.
Cue the flirting and the wondering whether or not the other is interested too. Then, of course, there's something in the way of their love. Maybe it's an ex girlfriend or boyfriend, a secret one of them never intended for the other to know. Maybe drama and comedy ensue. Oh, there's probably some sex thrown in by now too. Then the young lovers make up, and they're together forever. Hugs and kisses, picnics and long walks holding hands, the whole shebang.
That isn't the kind of story this is.
But it's the kind of love Annika Dane has always dreamed of. All of her favorite chick-flicks and romance novels make it look so easy--but for Annika it isn't. She's been alone for all of her twenty-four years. She doesn't even know how talk to men!
But it doesn't have to be that way anymore. Not after she finds out that she comes from a long line of witches, and she can just conjure up the perfect man for herself. All she has to do is one little spell, and she can have everything she wants. One little spell, and that whole cliché, love story montage is hers.
Or so she thinks.
- - -
If you love this, check out the bonus story "One Little Halloween Spell" and the sequel SECOND TIME'S A CHARM!
- Letter from the Author
- Chapter 1: You're a witch, happy birthday!
- Chapter 2: My cat is invisible!
- Chapter 3: I hate the rain, except maybe for kissing in.
- Chapter 4: I can see the future now.
- Chapter 5: A total stranger saw my underwear!
- Chapter 6: It's pretty bad when your cat calls you a lonely cat lady.
- Chapter 7: Don't drink and do spells.
- Chapter 8: "How do you want your eggs, by the way?"
- Chapter 9: My life is like one horrible car crash after another.
- Chapter 10: Is it hot in here, or is it just me?
- Chapter 11: Magic doesn't seem so magical anymore.
- Chapter 12: I had repressed memories.
- Chapter 13: Words have power, take it from a writer who moonlights as a witch.
- Chapter 14: Must wear bowties often.
- Chapter 15: Welcome to New York Mr. Darcy!
- Chapter 16: Coffee at 9 am is not a date.
- Chapter 17: No one is good at being a grown up.
- Chapter 18: Love is never easy, especially for a witch.
- Chapter 19: Life is so full of surprises, especially when magic's involved!
- Chapter 20: Binge drinking and unwelcome proposals.
- Chapter 21: If unicorns exist maybe it's better that they stay hidden.
- Chapter 22: Stay away from mysterious men.
- Chapter 23: Fabric softener and cologne.
- Chapter 24: He gave me unfortunate butterflies.
- Chapter 25: Keep the birds and the bees to yourself thanks.
- Chapter 26: There is just nothing lovable about explosives.
- Chapter 27: What's the use of being a talking cat if you don't use your words?
- Chapter 28: "Sure. Friend."
- Chapter 29: The magnet and the nail.
- Chapter 30: Are you ready for a monologue?
- Chapter 31: In the R&D stages of adulthood.
- Chapter 32: The word is on the tip of my tongue!
- Chapter 33: And the world goes black.
- Chapter 34: Daydreams become nightmares.
- Chapter 35: A sadistic, obsessive puppet master.
- Chapter 36: Let the world crumble.
- Chapter 37: Ownership is a funny thing.
- Chapter 38: Family isn't always what you'd expect.
- Chapter 39: Flash forward.