A serial killer is terrorizing the streets of Washington, murdering young women in gruesome, uncharacteristic ways. They are clean kills with very little evidence left, except for a fingerprint that changes with every murder. The killer holds a strange bond with Assistant District Attorney Max Crawford and uses him to divulge his crimes and tempt him with clues. There is something in their past, unknown to Max and the crimes are staged to make him remember.
Who is the killer? Why is Max Crawford involved? This is the sequel to Redemption, where everything is not as it seems, and a long lost secret is behind the clues to these gruesome crimes.
The second book in the Max Crawford series.
"Move over Harlin Corbin, the new crime master is here. Sinister is one of the grittiest, edge of your seat page turners and well written novels that I have read in ages."
"Thank you for this thrilling journey into the mind of a serial killer and Max Crawford to figure it out in the end. A fantastic read which had me eagerly waiting for the next chapter."
"This was absolutely brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot. You have kept us all on the edge of our seats."
"This was so interesting and intriguing. I never wanted to put it down. I especially like the last chapter because I totally didn't expect any of that to happen."
- Chapter 1: Seeking justice
- Chapter 2: The terror began
- Chapter 3: A strange crime scene
- Chapter 4: A morning surprise
- Chapter 5: The killer's lair
- Chapter 6: We have a serial killer!
- Chapter 7: Another message for Max
- Chapter 8: A familiar victim
- Chapter 9: Piecing the evidence together
- Chapter 10: Finally a clue
- Chapter 11: Someone was watching
- Chapter 12: Questions need an answer
- Chapter 13: A message for the killer
- Chapter 14: Retracing their steps
- Chapter 15: The killer struck again
- Chapter 16: Bye-bye baby
- Chapter 17: The old files
- Chapter 18: Finding Stewart
- Chapter 19: The cabin was surrounded
- Chapter 20: Motives were questioned
- Chapter 21: Eye to eye with a killer
- Chapter 22: Where was Max?
- Chapter 23: The truth was revealed
- Chapter 24: A mistake had been made
- Chapter 25: Who built the machine?
- Chapter 26: Meet the inventor
- Chapter 27: A failed rescue
- Chapter 28: The aftermath
- Chapter 29: A shock confession