Peace can't last forever when war is the law of man.
For years, Eli's village was content to ignore the signs.
...the silence, the whispers, the cold...
Then in one faithless hour, they were gone.
With blood in his ears and Aldyth's hand tucked in his own, Eli runs. Away from his family, away from his home, and away from the soldiers of the East Cardinal, who rain terror down upon the Confederate cities.
Unbeknownst to them, Taurus, an elven huntsman, tracks the train of the Easterners. He was a man looking to find himself, to hear beyond the screaming, misery, and death.
And with a few well-shot arrows and a splash of elvish magic, the three's fates are tied, and Eli, Aldyth, and Taurus find themselves bound together as they venture on toward the mysterious North Cardinal.
With each mile they cover, the tension builds. Eli's family is captured with chains chaffing their wrists. The East is growing and none can resist. Aldyth is changing; her eyes glow with blood. And elves can't be trusted, no matter what.
And the only thing Eli can do about it is run as hard as he can toward the border of the North Cardinal, a task that many say is likened with death.
//Trailer by @Tinkertaydust//
//Copyright © 2016 by copyright.com//
//Edited by @skygardens//
//cover by @stardust24601//
- Copyright and Stuffs
- Cover Contest Winners
- Chapter One: Run From Life
- Chapter Two: Thunder In the Sky
- Chapter Three: Gone and Left With Excuses
- Chapter Four: Fire Songs
- Chapter Five: Trail of Wagons
- Chapter Six: Interpretations of Cowardice
- Chapter Seven: Red Silence
- Chapter Eight: What? I Thought We Were Dead
- Chapter Nine: Elves Are People Too
- Chapter Ten: Duck or Rabbit
- Chapter Eleven: The North's Reasons
- Chapter Twelve: Atrixes
- Chapter Thirteen: Traveling
- Chapter Fourteen: Beat of Mystery
- Chapter Fifteen (Part 1): Is a Cardinal
- Chapter Fifteen (Part 2): Brajé
- Chapter Fifteen (Part 3): Was a Cardinal
- Chapter Sixteen: Hearing is Knowing
- Chapter Seventeen: Words of Jumping and Ivy
- Chapter Eighteen: Secrets
- Chapter Nineteen: Simon....Says
- Chapter Twenty: A Battle of.....Proportions
- Chapter Twenty-One (Part 1): Right, It Was the Cow
- Chapter Twenty-One (Part 2): Magic Water
- Chapter Twenty-Two: Look Into The Glass
- Chapter Twenty-Three: Sober Ramblings of the Drunken Mind
- Chapter Twenty-Four: Immortal
- Chapter Twenty-Five (Part 1): Wake Up And...
- Chapter Twenty-Five (Part 2): ...Get Attacked By a Seven Year Old
- Chapter Twenty-Six: A Small Choice A Small Decision
- Chapter Twenty-Seven: Flute and Soulless Walking
- Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Lot of Stabbing
- Chapter Twenty-Nine: In Which Aldyth is Wrong
- Chapter Thirty: Lookee,The Elf Can Sew
- Chapter Thirty-One: Two Bent Arrows and a Cardinal In the Woods
- Chapter Thirty-Two (Part 1): When Water Has Fear
- Chapter Thirty-Two (Part 2): The Winter That Kills
- Chapter Thirty-Three (Part 1): Murmurs of War
- Chapter Thirty-Three (Part 2): How to Stand, Literally
- Chapter Thirty-Three (Part 3): Easterner
- Chapter Thirty-Four: An Elf, An Anthran, And A Bass Drum Only I Can Hear
- Chapter Thirty-Five: I Chase a Horse Thief to Death
- Chapter Thirty-Six (Part 1): Encore and the Storm
- Chapter Thirty-Six (Part 2): Into the Caves
- Chapter Thirty-Six (Part 3): Encore and the Cardinals
- Chapter Thirty-Seven (Part 1): The "Plan"