Can friendship save a life? Genre: Women's Fiction, Novella (abt 43k words now...)
A rock-climber wants to rescue others, but must first win the battle to save herself.
Can a 35 year old former EMT reveal her passion for poison in time to save herself ... from herself?
1995 Baltimore is trying for a rock-climbing para-medic turned gym teacher. Especially when hiding a death wish. When her aviator husband finds out, Nanyehi must choose between fight and flight.
My 2nd practice novel...
(Note: there are no sexual, violent, nor vulgar themes or scenes in this story, but Wattpad says it is Mature, I suppose due to the presence of suicidality in some of the book? Imho this is Women's Fiction, as it has a strong female protag. who saves herself and has a hopeful ending. -ShiraDest,
5 November, 12015 HE)
(Started on 4 November 12015 for the 2015 November 50k word story #SuperCharged #JustWriteIt challenge. Rough Draft done 29November, Posting 2nd draft chapter by chapter now...)
Update: 18 September, 12017 HE:
I don't think I ever did give much backstory for any of my MCs. As for clarifying the setting, I sat down to edit for setting, and realized that my problem with this practice novel is that it was written for one particular person, which is why I had so much trouble making the place definite at the start. I also thought about Marie's entrance: I'd meant to convey that expected noises were identified, and thus less likely to set off panic.
- original exceprt: Life as Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Chapter 1: A Name for a Night
- Chapter 2: Halloween in the Springtime
- Chapter 3: Memories Uncovered
- Chapter 4: Passing Into Action
- Chapter 5: Politely Poisoned
- Chapter 6: Losing Her Stories
- Chapter 7: Losing Nanyehi
- Chapter 8: Naamah
- Chapter 9: Purely Puritanically Frum
- Chapter 10: Life as Spicy Hot Chocolate (needs wrk...)
- Chapter 11: Performing Tahara (needs fmting)
- Chapter 12: No Stories, No Glory
- Chapter 13: Dance or Die
- Chapter 14: Stories of Hubris
- Chapter 15: Stories of Hemlock
- Chapter 16: Days of Fear
- Chapter 17: Days of Awe
- Chapter 18: Life