Bree Davenport's always been a normal girl, well, as far as girls with super speed and vocal manupulation go. Besides that, her life as a bionic superhuman has always been pretty normal. Go to school, save lives, and try to survive living with her three brothers.
That all changes after one terrifying night where an infected skull, gives Bree and her brother Chase a virus, that almost leads to destruction. Even though they were "cured", something has the two thinking it's more than a virus and that the skull was never infectected.
Bree's uncle, Douglas refuses to talk to her and insists everything's fine. What is he trying to hide? Something catastrophic, that's for sure.
Chase isn't thinking straight, he says he's hearing voices. He needs to try to keep himself together so his affection for a certain speedster doesn't show through and compromise the team. How long can he hold it in before he goes insane? Chase doesn't know, but it's not very long.
Bree is having haunting visions. Strange, painful visions that lighten her forgotten past, showing her that she may be part of some sick old game from many years ago. Is digging for the truth really worth the horror they hides beneath lies? Bree definitely thinks it is.
- Prolouge: Lies
- Chapter 1: Mirror Mirror
- Chapter 2: After Dark
- Chapter 3: Tell Me Something I Don't Know
- Chapter 4: Some Things Are Best Never Said
- Chapter 5: I Knew You Were Trouble
- Chapter 6: My Dear Brother
- Chapter 7: Chances
- Chapter 8: Fate to Fall
- Chapter 9: Love is Like a Whirlwind
- Chapter 10: Need For Speed
- Chapter 11: I Want You to Know
- Chapter 12: Somethings Are Not What They Seem
- Chapter 13: You Think You Know Someone
- Chapter 14: Mission Accomplish
- Chapter 15: All for Her
- Chapter 16: Answers and Answers
- Chapter 17: Surprise Surprise
- Chapter 18: A Friendly Reunion
- Chapter 19: Two Places, One Problem
- Chapter 20: Wake Up!
- Chapter 21: Look Before You Leap
- Chapter 22: Lights Out
- Chapter 23: You'll Regret This
- Chapter 24: We Need To Save Her
- Chapter 25: Easier Said Than Done
- Chapter 26: Luck Is Not On Our Side
- Chapter 27: Hope
- Chapter 28: Better Place
- Author's Notes and Easter Eggs
- Questions and Answers
- A Question For You, the Reader