“Has that ‘curl up with hot chocolate and read’ feel to it.”
Monica doesn't believe in life after death. Obligations, certainly. But, after her husband's death, there hasn’t been much ‘life’ to speak of. Just her kids, her farm, and the man who rents it to run his business, Marshal.
She decides to change that. It won’t be like it was the first time. Nothing could be like it was with Jason. But she didn’t quite anticipate how different the dating world had become. The more she learns, the more panicked she becomes until she literally runs from her first date . . . and directly to Marshal.
She was just looking for someone to ease the loneliness. What she found was a friend she’d already learned to lean on. But can Monica let go of her picture-perfect memories and embrace a new dream? With a new man?
- MARSHAL'S LAW #1: LIVE EACH DAY WITH COURAGE
- MARSHAL'S LAW #2: SILENCE IS SOMETIMES THE BEST ANSWER
- MARSHAL'S LAW #3: LIFE IS SIMPLER WHEN YOU PLOW AROUND THE STUMP
- MARSHAL'S LAW #4: A BUMBLEBEE IS CONSIDERABLY FASTER THAN A JOHN DEERE TRACTOR
- MARSHAL'S LAW #5: KNOW WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE.
- MARSHAL'S LAW #6: DON'T INTEREFERE WITH SOMETHIN' THAT AIN'T BOTHERIN' YA NONE
- MARSHAL'S LAW #7: TALK LESS. SAY MORE
- MARSHAL'S LAW # 8: THINK YOU'RE A PERSON OF SOME INFLUENCE . . .
- MARSHAL'S LAW #9: KEEP YOUR FENCES HORSE-HIGH, PIG-TIGHT, AND BULL-STRONG
- MARSHAL'S LAW #10: IT DOESN'T TAKE A VERY BIG PERSON TO CARRY A GRUDGE
- MARSHAL'S LAW #11: SOMETIMES YOU GET AND SOMETIMES YOU GET GOT.
- MARSHAL'S LAW #12: TIMING HAS A LOT TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME OF A RAIN DANCE
- Author's Note