***The wrong girl is sometimes The Right One.***
Charlotte Samuels thought she'd be stuck waiting tables at Marlow's until all her debts are paid off-in about ten thousand years or so.
She definitely didn't expect a marriage proposal from the arrogant Brandon Maxfield who was blackmailed by his father to make her his wife if he didn't want his least favorite cousin to run Maxfield Industries.
Charlotte's instinct was to say HELL NO! but she's stumped by a few obstacles:
1.) His old man Martin Maxfield is dear to her heart and has been recently deteriorating in health.
2.) She gets a million dollars if she stays married to Brandon for a year.
3.) She would rather like the opportunity to teach the attractive but awfully rude man a few lessons he didn't think he needed from a 'teenage gold-digger' which was his term of endearment for her on their first date-er, business meeting.
So what's a girl got to do, right?
Sure, she's young and a little rough around the edges but there's something her would-be husband didn't know about her yet-she's nothing like he ever expected.
Thrust into the glitzy world a standard-issue Mrs. Maxfield would fit perfectly and rule with impeccable social grace, Charlotte will either have to force herself into the mold or break free of it, risking what little she has left for everything that she can gain.
*** Copyright © 2014 by Nina Tippett. All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Nina Tippett.
This is a work of fiction. All of the characters, organizations, and events portrayed in this novel are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.
Images, music and videos used in the cover art and any of the multimedia content posted in this story are the sole property of their respective owners.
- Author's Note
- Chapter One: The Proposal
- Chapter Two: The Lesser of Two Evils
- Chapter Three: The Inevitable
- Chapter Four: The Fake First Kiss
- Chapter Five: On The Brightside
- Chapter Six: Meet The Maxfields
- Chapter Seven: Dresses, Ducks and Dinner
- Chapter Eight: The Other Parties
- Chapter Nine: The Curse of a Conscience
- Chapter Ten: The Dangers of Falling In Love
- Chapter Eleven: The Past And The Promise
- Chapter Twelve: Here Comes The Unlikely Bride
- Chapter Thirteen: Not Your Typical Wedding Night
- Chapter Fourteen: Decisions and a Dance
- Chapter Fifteen: Making Lemonade
- Chapter Sixteen: Truth Be Told
- Chapter Seventeen: Love and Thunderstorms
- Chapter Eighteen: Swimming With Sharks
- Chapter Nineteen: Frog Kisses And Fairy Tales
- Chapter Twenty: The Bold, The Beautiful And The Badass
- Chapter Twenty-One: Phantoms Of The Past
- Chapter Twenty-Two: Starlight And Shadows
- Chapter Twenty-Three: Haunted Hearts
- Chapter Twenty-Four: Designs of Destiny
- Chapter Twenty-Five: The Fabulous and The Forsaken
- Chapter Twenty-Six: Pretty Lies and Ugly Truths
- Chapter Twenty-Seven: Satins Over Scars
- Chapter Twenty-Eight: Birthdays and Battles
- Chapter Twenty-Nine: Damn the Devil
- Chapter Thirty: Sins of the Father
- Chapter Thirty-One: The Cowards, the Clowns and the Courageous
- Chapter Thirty-Two: All That Is Shattered
- Chapter Thirty-Three: Finding Fortitude and Freedom
- Chapter Thirty-Four: The Harrowing Road to Happily-Ever-Afters
- A Sort Of Epilogue That Isn't Quite One
- Holiday 2015 Bonus Article
- Bonus Chapter: Brought to you by H&M