"Why wear a mask?" I whispered as my fingers brushed the satin garment that revealed only his enigmatic eyes.
"No one can find out my real identity," He replied, his gaze pouring into mine, "Anyone could be behind this mask. Besides, it keeps me safe."
I held my breath, realizing just what could happen if he left the city. How that would change everything. "Okay," I continued, letting the cool drizzle of the nighttime air soak my skin, "I suppose that's pretty standard... but why not wear a cape? Don't superheroes usually wear capes?"
He cracked a boyish grin and took a step away from me, like he'd suddenly inherited a windfall of energy. "Nah. Not unless they want a death wish. Capes are hazardous for your health, Madeline." He looked me directly in the eyes, and I suspected he was about to divulge his best advice so far. "No capes."
- No Capes
- Chapter 2 - No Speedos, please
- Chapter 3 - There Are Worse Things Than Being Invisible
- Chapter 4 - Pretty Princess Blackmail
- Chapter 5 - Flames of the Heated Variety
- Chapter 6 - Speedos are for Winners
- Chapter 7 - The Powers of Stain Removal
- Chapter 8 ~ Rhymes with P which stands for Pool
- Chapter 9 - Chemistry and Other Difficulties
- Chapter 10 - Nineteen Letters
- Chapter 11 - Nightmares and Butterflies
- Chapter 12 - Boys are So Strange
- Chapter 13 - Working Together
- Chapter 14 - Swingset Epiphany
- Chapter 15 - Lightning On Water
- Chapter 16 - Piece of Cake
- Chapter 17 - Heated Waters
- Chapter 18 - Gotta Risk it to get the Biscuit
- Chapter 19 - The One where Arielle Spoke to Me
- Chapter 20 - The Window is Open
- Chapter 21 - Food for Thought
- Chapter 22 - Playing with Water
- Chapter 23 - Stormy Identity
- Chapter 24 - The Lightning Vortex
- Chapter 25 - Good News and Bad News
- Chapter 26 - Simple Heroes
- Chapter 27 - Dragons can be Beaten
- A Letter to Santa, from D.S
- No Capes Wattpad Trailers: WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!