North Carolina 1851
Deep in the mountains of North Carolina lives a branch of the Cherokee nation that no white man had been able to remove. They could come and go like the wind. They were rumored to be ghosts and called the 'Ghost Tribe' by those that knew of them. They were feared by all who lived in those mountainous lands except for one.
Deniah Williams is the one person who does not fear them. And her reason? Gray Skies. He saved her life as children and has been her friend since that day. She knows there is something unique about her friend and his people and yet she asks no questions. She has trust in him and for her that's enough.
But when Deniah's father learns of her friendship with a monstrous savage of the ghost tribe he is determined to protect her. And he knows just how to do so. He must find her a suitable husband and move his daughter to the northeast and away from the danger he is sure she faces. But things do not go as planned.
When Gray Skies learns of the danger that Deniah faces he knows he must save her. Going against the wishes of his tribe, Gray Skies leaves to rescue the woman who has his heart.
A fiery passion ignites between them and a love stronger than any love before ties their souls together. But hatred and revenge threaten to tear them apart. Join Gray Skies and Deniah as they fight for their love, for each other and for peace among their people.
- Gray Skies
- Prologue: Saved By A Ghost
- Chapter One: The Strangeness of Crows
- Chapter Two: Chaperoned By An Owl
- Chapter Three: Gunshot at Sunset
- Chapter Four: Crow Feathers and New Sensations
- Chapter Five: Threats, Confusion and Fireside Chats
- Chapter Six: Stolen Kisses--Stolen Life
- Chapter Seven: Death Chants
- Chapter Eight: Punishment and Signs
- Chapter Nine: Death and Danger on the Cliffs
- Chapter Ten: Storms and Caves
- Chapter Eleven: Mine
- Chapter Twelve: Fever Fueled Delirium
- Chapter Thirteen: I Fear For Your Eyesight
- Chapter Fourteen: Memory Loss and a Burning Question
- Chapter Fifteen: Always
- Chapter Sixteen: Four Years....Gone?
- Chapter Seventeen: Denying Urges
- Chapter Eighteen: A Painful Past
- Chapter Nineteen: Cherish
- Chapter Twenty: Heat
- Chapter Twenty-One: Memories and Cravings
- Chapter Twenty-Two: Show and Tell
- Chapter Twenty-Three: A Gift
- Chapter Twenty-Four: One Of Us
- Chapter Twenty-Five: Ceremonies and Surprises
- Chapter Twenty-Six: Judged By the Elders
- Chapter Twenty-Seven: Heart of a Ghost
- Chapter Twenty-Eight Devils and Demons
- Chapter Twenty-Nine: Whiskey
- Chapter Thirty: Lies
- Chapter Thirty-One: Good and Evil
- Chapter Thirty-Two: Tense Reunions
- Chapter Thirty-Three: Seeking Guidance
- Chapter Thirty-Four: Forgiveness