Note: The title's not a typo.
His fingers traced up my arms as I steadily backed away, stopping only when I felt the wall. His feather light touch sent satisfying shudders down my spine. He leaned in and kissed my collarbone and slowly moved up, leaving a trail of kisses behind. I hissed and reached up to stop him.
"Ash!" I chastised.
He looked into my eyes with his own, the blue in his glazed over with desire, "Hm?"
"We can't. Not now."
He let out a low whimper, "Then when?"
He'd never been so persistent before.
It was the wine.
What if your kingdom was on the verge of destruction, and the only thing that you could do to stop it is by marrying an intolerant, rudimentary, blue-blooded man who has never been on your good side from birth? The king of Sedalia has passed away, bringing two kingdoms on the verge of war. Evelyn must marry Prince Ashton in order for him to take over the kingdom as the rightful heir. How will this arrangement work out, if at all? Will Evelyn succeed with all the duties of being Queen, nonetheless being the wife of a highnASS?
- Chapter One: Depression
- Chapter Two: Wedding Preparations
- Chapter Three: Confrontation
- Chapter Four: Retreat
- Chapter Five: Acquaintances
- Chapter Six: The Big Day
- Chapter Seven: Honeymoon
- Chapter Eight: Second Thoughts
- Chapter Nine: Making Amends
- Chapter Ten: Call Me Stubborn
- Chapter Eleven: Preparations
- Chapter Twelve: The New Beginning
- Chapter Thirteen: Adele
- Chapter Fourteen: The Coronation Ball
- Chapter Fifteen: And Cue the Confusion
- Chapter Sixteen: Teaching a King about his Kingdom
- Chapter Seventeen: Appreciation
- Chapter Eighteen: Enlightenment
- Chapter Nineteen: Maybe This is Love
- Chapter Twenty: Bliss
- Chapter Twenty-One: Mensiversary
- Chapter Twenty-Two: A Proper Thank-You
- Chapter Twenty-Three: Calamity
- Chapter Twenty-Four: Relief
- Chapter Twenty-Five: The Second Honeymoon
- Chapter Twenty-Six: Recovery
- Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Old Hag
- Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hyenas
- Chapter Twenty-Nine: Third Time's a Charm
- Chapter Thirty: Elena
- Chapter Thirty-One: "As long as it's with you"
- Chapter Thirty-Two: Clyde
- Chapter Thirty-Three: Charmeuse Silk
- Chapter Thirty-Four: By the Fireside
- Chapter Thirty-Five: The Council
- Chapter Thirty-Six: The Internal Audit Team
- Chapter Thirty-Seven: Calm
- Chapter Thirty-Eight: Resistance
- Chapter Thirty-Nine: Postmortem
- Chapter Forty: Young Love
- Chapter Forty-One: Haste
- Chapter Forty-Two: Crimson
- Chapter Forty-Three: Decisions
- Chapter Forty-Four: A Distraction
- The First Night (MATURE)
- Chapter Forty-Five: Detainment
- Chapter Forty-Six: Matriarchs
- Chapter Forty-Seven: Public Projects
- Chapter Forty-Eight: Pairs
- Chapter Forty-Nine: Reflectance
- Chapter Fifty: Dresses
- Chapter Fifty-One: Bruises
- Chapter Fifty-Two: Setting the Foundation
- Chapter Fifty-Three: Mischief
- Chapter Fifty-Four: Exposed
- Chapter Fifty-Five: Repercussions
- Chapter Fifty-Six: Traitor
- Chapter Fifty-Seven: Trial
- Chapter Fifty-Eight: The Verdict
- Chapter Fifty-Nine: Nightshade
- Chapter Sixty: Comfort
- Chapter Sixty-One: The Play
- Author's Note