What would you do if your world was turned upside down in the blink of an eye?
When Astrid's peaceful home is raided by the Vikings at only fifteen, she is taken as a slave for the Earl in Norway, where she grows into a fierce, independent young woman, who remains in bondage.
In preparing to raid, the Earl calls for additional forces from Sweden, led by his powerful and selfish son. Upon his arrival, he bargains with his father, whom he soon buys Astrid from, making her a promise of freedom under one condition-to fight in the upcoming raid.
After agreeing, Astrid soon learns what the price of freedom really is...
Go with Astrid as she fights the battles within her wits, life, and love to survive in the brutal Viking world.
This story is completely fictional. The story, along with any names and dates, is entirely made up from my imagination. It is also unedited--mistakes will be found.
THIS IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING RE-WRITTEN.
- Chapter 1: Captured!
- Chapter 2: A New Land
- Chapter 3: Learning
- Chapter 4: Long Talks
- Chapter 5: Bard's Arrival
- Chapter 6: Let Us Feast!
- Chapter 7: A Fair Trade
- Chapter 8: The Völva
- Chapter 9: Emotions Run High
- Chapter 10: Setting Sail
- Chapter 11: Sailing!
- Chapter 12: Then We Shall Fight
- Chapter 13: Attack!
- Chapter 14: Burial of the Dead
- Chapter 15: A New Hope
- Chapter 16: Lies
- Chapter 17: Welcome To Lundur
- Chapter 18: Pain
- Chapter 19: Punishment
- Chapter 20: The Great Escape
- Chapter 21: The Royal Helper
- Chapter 22: A New Awakening
- Chapter 23: When The Rain Falls
- Chapter 24:
- Chapter 25: The Sound of Bells
- Chapter 27: Strangers Upon the Tides
- Chapter 28: We Meet Again...
- Chapter 29: An Unexpected Savior
- Chapter 30: Betrayal
- Chapter 31: From Princess to Slave
- Chapter 32: Allies and Enemies
- Chapter 33: Queen Astrid
- Chapter 34: Greetings From the Castle
- Chapter 35: War!
- Chapter 36: Planning for War
- Chapter 37: All Because of War
- Chapter 38: The End of an Enemy
- Chapter 39: The End of an Adventure
- Final Note