Seventy-four years has been long enough.
The way of the infamous Hunger Games has been altered. No longer is every Gamemaker out to devise the worst means of torture and death for every tribute. No longer are the people of Panem outwardly tolerant of President Snow's murderous actions. Under the facade of a normal group of Gamemakers, several rebellious citizens have begun an experiment which, if it succeeds, will make use of technology both to rescue the tributes before they are dead and then deposit the brainwashed children back in time.
They have to try it. No one knows what horrors future Hunger Games may bring, and the desperate rebels are willing to try anything.
Meanwhile, in the mountainous regions of District 2, Cato Hadley and Clove Kentwell have trained their whole lives for the Games. Nevertheless, their ambitions change when they, without meaning to, find themselves in the Games together. They are both determined to win.
But if they don't, what will happen to them? The brainwashed tributes who land in New York City know nothing of who they are or where they are from. They do not remember Panem, or the Games, or even their own names.
This is a science fiction story based off the Hunger Games and its characters.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Hunger Games! This story is based around a plot twist I created, but all rights go to Suzanne Collins, the author of the original series.
Disclaimer no. 2: this was a first draft written by a very awkward fifteen-year-old me; please treat it as such. Thanks. *insert smiley emoji here*
Highest ranking: #86 in Science Fiction
© 2015 clato_maroondiamonds
- Author's Note
- Prologue | Part 1: THE CAREERS
- Chapter 1: Chasing Dreams
- Chapter 2: My Promise Ring
- Chapter 3: Plans Shattered
- Chapter 4: Nonexistent Hope
- Chapter 5: Glimmer
- Chapter 6: I Will Stun Them
- Chapter 7: Special Guy Back Home
- Chapter 8: Star-Crossed
- Transition Chapter to Part 2: THE GAMES
- Chapter 9: This Is How It Starts
- Chapter 10: Farewell To Fangirl
- Chapter 11: Maybe I Lied
- Chapter 12: Down With One And Eleven
- Chapter 13: A Ray of Hope
- Chapter 14: Run And Don't Look Back
- Chapter 15: What We Were
- Chapter 16: Colorblind
- Transition Chapter to Part 3: THE CITY
- Chapter 17: They Tell Me I'm Clove
- Chapter 18: Welcome to the Twenty-First Century
- Chapter 19: The Life of an Alien
- Chapter 20: Trapped
- Chapter 21: A Glimmerific Party
- Chapter 22: Cow's Tongue
- Chapter 23: Facing the Impossible
- Chapter 24: We Don't Belong Here
- Transition Chapter to Part 4: THE TIMESHAFT
- Chapter 25: I AM NOT INSANE
- Chapter 26: Demented Teenagers
- Chapter 27: Terrorists Are Real
- Chapter 28: The World Turned Upside-Down
- ISABELLE FUHRMAN!!!!!:
- Chapter 29: Change Me
- Chapter 30: Saving the Future
- Chapter 31: Path of Moonlight
- Chapter 32: I Really Belonged There
- Chapter 33: A Thousand Years
- Final Author's Note