"Stay away from Shawn Mendes."
That's what everyone keeps telling Grace, who recently moved from the bustling New York City to the quiet town of Pickering, Canada. She has no trouble making new friends, but everyone she meets keeps telling her the same thing. They want her to steer clear of Shawn Mendes.
Shawn is the school's bad boy. No one will tell Grace anything about him, besides the fact that he's bad news. But she can sense that there's more to his story. Everyone seems to know something about Shawn that they won't tell her. Even though all her new friends beg her not to talk to him, her curiosity gets the best of her. Grace can't seem to stay away from him. She tries to befriend Shawn, and uncover the secrets in his past. Even if that means risking her life, and maybe even falling in love with him.
- "If I were you I'd stay away from him."
- "He's no good for you."
- "Eyes are the window to the soul"
- "That's in the past."
- "Don't ever mention this to anyone."
- "Shit happens and life gets in the way."
- "I don't get close to people."
- "I thought you were interested?"
- "I promise."
- "Ian Warburton."
- "Nothing bad will happen."
- "Curiosity killed the cat."
- "If I could stay away from you, then this wouldn't be any fun."
- Kid In Love
- "They were afraid he'd hurt himself."
- "You can't change the past."
- Battle Scar
- Author's Note
- "His beautiful face was as misleading as his past."