"How on earth can I possibly forgive myself when I know that if I ever went home to Liverpool, not a soul who knew of my doings would ever even acknowledge my presence? How can I forgive myself when I know that no one shall ever forgive me?"
Colonel Banestre Tarleton is a young officer in charge of a regiment of British Green Dragoons during the American Revolutionary War. Grace Lewis is the daughter of a major general in the American Continental Army. When Grace is captured by the infamous Colonel Tarleton she uncovers a secret about him that is far deeper than the shallow facade he so skillful portrays.
Will Tarleton finally triumph over the ghosts of his past? Or will he be condemned to be forever remembered by future generations as the infamous Colonel Tarleton?
Beautiful cover credited to @Retired_Watpad_Writr
- Author's Note
- Chapter One - The Man Without a Heart
- Chapter Two - Departure
- Chapter Three - The Traveler
- Chapter Four - Love and War
- Chapter Five - Colonel Tarleton
- Chapter Six - Dreams and Nightmares
- Chapter Seven - All Shall Fade
- Chapter Eight - The Lonliest Night
- Chapter Nine - The Basilik
- Chapter Ten - Will I ever See Her Again?
- Chapter Eleven - A Prisoner of War
- Chapter Twelve - Flashbacks
- Chapter Thirteen - Murder
- Chapter Fourteen - The Waxhaws Massacre
- Chapter Fifteen - The Colonel's Secret
- Chapter Sixteen - A Healing Heart
- Chapter Seventeen - The Angel and The Beast
- Chapter Eighteen - War Drums
- Chapter Nineteen - The Battle of Camden
- Chapter Twenty - The World Turned Upside Down
- Epilogue Part One
- Epilogue Part Two
- Epilogue Part Three