When seventeen-year-old Haley Sullivan is dragged to a corporate party with her parents, she's searching for one thing - the nearest exit. Instead, she finds a mysterious stranger who plays by his own rules and chases his own dreams, and he's definitely cute enough to disappear with for the night. Convinced that he can help her escape the perfectly corporate future that's been planned for her, Haley agrees to meet him the next day. However, Mr. Mysterious is a no show.
Determined to track him down, Haley enlists her best friend Linzi to help, but according to the local newspapers, the guy she met has been dead for years. Knowing he's very much alive, Haley and Linzi follow clues on a scavenger-hunt-style road trip that ultimately lands them in the surf town of Crescent Cove, California, where her mystery guy is no mystery at all. He's living as Colby Taylor, the west coast's biggest professional surfer.
But talking to the surf star again is nearly impossible when he's guarded by a hierarchy of beach bums who are determined to send Haley back to the east coast. Haley is up for the challenge of submerging herself in their world, from wild summer nights and beach parties to ocean air and secret kisses in the dark, but when the lines blur between the ocean and the shore, she isn't so sure she's here for Colby anymore. Sure, being thrown off a jet ski sucks, but falling in love with one of these California boys might just be worse.
(This is book #1 of the Drenaline Surf series but can be read as a stand-alone novel.)
- Chapter 1: Enchanted to Meet You
- Chapter 2: Chasing Paper Stars
- Chapter 3: 3108 Locust Street
- Chapter 4: The Ocean in Moonlight
- Chapter 5: Honey Gold
- Chapter 6: Strickland's Boating
- Chapter 7: Drenaline Surf
- Chapter 8: Operation Party Boy
- Chapter 9: A.J. Gonzalez
- Chapter 10: Team I-Have-A-Death-Wish
- Chapter 11: House of Mirrors
- Chapter 12: The Storm
- Chapter 13: Never Again
- Chapter 14: The West Coast Hooligans
- Chapter 15: Tea Cups
- Chapter 16: The Brooks Brothers
- Chapter 17: The Secret's Out, Shark!
- Chapter 18: 2311 Dolphin Point
- Chapter 19: Colby Taylor
- Chapter 20: A Night in Horn Island
- Chapter 21: In Your Veins
- Chapter 22: Better Things To Do
- Chapter 23: Leaving California
- Chapter 24: Solomon
- Want More Crescent Cove?
- Chasing Forever Down - Bonus scene, Reed's POV