Denise Webster has never been known to make good decisions, so when her fiancè fails to show up for their wedding, she is sure it is a sign to change her ways.
Broke, distraught and heartbroken, Denise has no choice but to move back to her childhood home with her eccentric mother and stepfather.
Hell bent on avoiding as much human contact as possible the only person who seems to get her is her childhood best friend, Mateo Ramiro.
Denise knows she'll never let anyone into her heart ever again but one thing she doesn't know is that Mateo has no intention of letting her go again.
* * *
Written for the Open Novella Contest 2020.
- Character Aesthetics
- One - In Which He Never Arrives
- Two - In Which She Goes Home, Much To Her Disbelief
- Three - In Which She Tempts Fate
- Five - In Which She Risks Food Poisoning
- Six - In Which She Waits It Out With Some Pizza And A Side Of Shocking News
- Seven - In Which Pancakes Are Involved
- Eight - In Which The Surprise Is Unsurprising
- Nine - In Which There Is More Drama Than A Shakespeare Play
- Ten - In Which There Is A Bat Named Patrick
- Eleven - In Which She Spirals
- Twelve - In Which She Makes Her Own Path
- Four - In Which They Reunite
- Thirteen - In Which She Meets The Calendar Girl
- Fourteen - In Which She Leaves Home
- Fifteen - In Which She Comes To Terms With Everything
- A Letter To My Readers