"Everybody wants to rule the world... even if it's a destroyed one."
Three great powers divide the known world. One of them is on track to offset this power balance as it seemingly undertakes the grand task of unifying the world. After 100 years of brutal economic, military, political, and even religious campaigns, the Republic of Dalreida has achieved a vast empire stretching from the Cargan Ports to the Aramathian Desert. May they be gods and goddesses, or princes and princesses, the rising republic has embarked on depriving nation upon nation of self-governance.
In the midst of all these, Dalreida's primary personality, Lord Piso, has been serving as the republic's dictator for six years. Entering his seventh year in office, he shocked allies and enemies alike with a hazy calendar reform. Along with it is a pledge to pass on the reins of power after the so-called "longest term." Then again, to whom will it be passed? Or will it be passed down at all? With so much at stake during the "longest term," what does Piso's gamble entail for Dalreida and the world? Will it bring heaven on earth? Will all hell break loose instead? Or something else in between to purge the world of everything it ever had?
The Countdown to Inferno has begun.
Countdown to Inferno by Al Raposas
Planning Commenced: 28 January 2019
Writing Commenced: 20 February 2019
Book 1 Announced: 3 August 2019
Book 2 Confirmed: 10 February 2020
Author's note: Original work. This is my first shot at a fantasy novel, so please, please be gentle and enjoy reading! Cover art is not mine.
Peak rank in category: Second (2)
1st place, Love Yourself Awards (Mystery/Thriller Category)
- Chapter 1: Bayan Mission
- Chapter 2: Homeland Insecurity
- Chapter 3: Secret Order
- Chapter 4: Seaside Miracle
- Chapter 5: Divine Threat
- Chapter 6: Aramathi Coup
- Chapter 7: Bel Kabab
- Chapter 8: Riding Winds of Change
- Chapter 9: Twelve Disciples
- Chapter 10: Commitment Renewed
- Chapter 11: Hallowing Stage
- Chapter 12: Forbidden Chamber
- Chapter 13: Triskaidean League
- Chapter 14: The Oracle of Telo
- Chapter 15: Excalator Strikes
- Chapter 16: Exiled Blade
- Chapter 17: Archipelagic Doctrine
- Chapter 18: Lopsided Showdown
- Chapter 19: Every Victory A Tear
- Chapter 20: Moral Compass
- Chapter 21: Beggar King
- Chapter 22: Eighteen Staffs
- Chapter 23: Unhappy Birthday
- Chapter 24: Capricious Atmosphere
- Chapter 25: Varying Interpretations
- Chapter 26: Copper Horde
- Chapter 27: Nomadic Shock