How to get the story out of your head and on the page. A collection of blog posts full of writing tips and encouragement.
Writing is an ongoing learning experience and whether your a successful novelist or about to pen your first book, there's always room for tips and encouragement.
I'll be posting weekly instalements here and I hope you find something that helps you with your writing.
And if you're thirsty for more, I've compiled some of my most popular writing posts all in one place on my blog under the 'For Writers' tab.
- Write On!
- The Best Place to Start Your Story
- How To Write A Kissing Scene
- Make Your Readers Believe Anything
- Give Your Drab Scene The Norman Rockwell Treatment
- What Every Villain Needs
- How To Stop The Middle of Your Story From Sagging
- How To Write A Nail Biting Climax
- Top Five Words To Eliminate From Your Manuscript
- How To Give Readers An Unforgettable Ending
- Six Easy Tips To Make Your Characters Jump Off The Page
- Five Reasons To Keep Writing...Even When You Want to Quit
- How To Find Your Inner YA Voice
- 30 Questions for Your Manuscript
- Five Things Every Writer Should Know
- Seven Characters That Will Strengthen Your Story
- Common Writer Mistakes That Ruin The First Chapter
- Are You Starting Your Story Too Soon?
- How Yoga Saved My Writing
- Author Jealousy and Why It's A Good Thing
- 9 Easy Ways To Add Conflict To Your Novel
- My Secret Weapon to Tackling #NaNoWriMo2016
- The Secret to Never Giving Up on Your Writing
- The Most Common Characterization Mistake Writers Make and How To Fix It
- An Easy Way To Find The Premise Of Your Story
- The Best Writing Advice I Ever Received