There are three steps:
First, the blood test.
Second, the aptitude trials.
And then, third, the changing.
The year is 2080.
Flying cars do not exist and much to everyone's disappointment, commercial air travel to the moon remains a dream. Ravaged by a nuclear war which nearly destroyed the planet, the human race is now struggling to return to some sense of of normalcy. Particularly since the war illuminated one truth which had been hidden in the shadows for centuries: the monsters from their childhood nightmares were real and seeking vengeance.
Witches. Vampires. Werewolves. Fae.
These four supernatural creatures became known as Others (other than human). Or, other than everything Ophelia "Phe" Macintyre had known about life. For Phe, life in Darwin Montana was painfully simple- a never ending cycle of boring tasks. That cycle, however, would be disrupted on her 16th birthday where she, like all teenagers now, must prove her humanity to the government by partaking in the "Process."
"Can you pass the blood test?"
"Would you be able to survive the Aptitude Trials?"
"And who will you become once you've completed the Changing?"
#11 in Paranormal
#9 in Demons
#3 in Witches
#1 in Faeries
Cover by: @YursaUsman95
- Character List & World-Building
- Do You Contain The Gene?
- Step 1: The Blood Test
- Chapter 1: A Lady in Waiting
- Chapter 2: A Night to Forget
- Chapter 3: Somber Sixteen
- Chapter 4: Judgement Day
- Chapter 5: The War Between Monsters and Men
- Chapter 6: Welcome to Garrenbuck
- Chapter 7: Tenth Circle of Hell
- Chapter 8: New Blood
- Chapter 9: The Monster Marathon
- Chaptet 10: To the Death
- Chapter 11: She's Watching You
- Chapter 12: Visits from the Past
- Step 2: The Aptitude Trials
- Chapter 13: The Breakout Club
- Chapter 14: Facing the Impossible
- Chapter 15: Witch's Game
- Chapter 16: Let the Games Begin
- Chapter 17: Run
- Chapter 18: The Daruma San
- Chapter 19: The Return
- Chapter 20 & Update