I write about New York - and everywhere else. This is a selection of what I call my "little bus stories." I write on the New York City Mass Transit Authority - also known as the MTA, also known as the bus and the subway.
My first collection of stories is available at the NY Transit Museum Store, and online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Create Space: "A Marshmallow on the Bus: A Collection of Stories Written on the MTA."
My next collection will include many of these Wattpad stories, some new poetry, and, of course, my observation of daily life in the world's most exciting city - New York, New York. It's called "Prayer Beads on the Train: A Collection of Stories Written on the MTA," and it will be out this fall (2014).
Thanks for reading my little bus stories! Look for updates and follow me - @nilesite.
- In Just Spring
- Writing in Plain Sight
- It's Not a Mystery. It's a Library!
- Looking for Crocus
- Finding the "Us" in Fried Chicken
- My Great Grandmother's Prayer Book
- Plain Food Talk: Garlic Has "Jus?"
- Confessions of a Travel Junkie
- The Persistence of Gothic: Happy Birthday, Notre Dame!
- A Modern Medieval Pilgrimage
- Christmas in My Kitchen
- Dream Weaving and Home
- The Subway at the Lake
- The Perfect Peach