“The Vicar of Dibley Revisited: A Season of New Beginnings:
Episodes Treatment Summaries
An Original Fan Fiction Adaptation of the characters from the BBC tv show “The Vicar of Dibley” by Gratiana Lovelace
(all rights reserved; no copyright infringement intended)
[(1abcd) Story Cover Logo]
When "The Vicar of Dibley" ended its twelve year series run in 2006 with the marriage of Vicar Geraldine to Accountant Harry, the writers claimed in the dvd extras that they couldn't figure out how to make a married vicar work within their storyline's framework.
Precisely, blokes! This conflict between Geraldine’s duty to her flock and her love for Harry would be the perfect comedic/dramatic plot convention. Marriage is about negotiation, compromise--and the husband realizing that his wife is always always right. Ha! But more importantly, the VofD writers missed an opportunity to explore how that negotiation takes place--to what would have been wildly humorous effect. And I, for one, miss the charming “The Vicar of Dibley” show greatly.
So, I have written a detailed story narrative for a new season of "The Vicar of Dibley" with 8 episodes exploring the Vicar and Harry's life well into marriage. These 8 episodes will comprise 8 chapters (or sections). So, I will keep it short and hopefully a fun and enjoyable read. I have yet to flesh out dialogue scenes, so that will help with the brevity that I am going for here.
And, this ‘season’ of Dibley episodes that I have envisioned is on the more poignant end of the scale in terms of the action that takes place. But then, the Dibley show always had moments of great heart in it, and that heart is what I draw upon here. And there will also be some of the characteristic humor we remember fondly as well. By the way, I rated my story PG-13 because of some of its sassy humor and some of its serious subjects.
I hope that you enjoy my story. Cheers! Gratiana Lovelace
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 1 -- Dibley Village Braces for Expansion
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 2 -- The Prodigal Sister Returns
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 3 -- Kate Needs Gerry's Help
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 4 -- I am My Sister's Keeper
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 5 -- Summer Montage
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 6 - Dibley Village Expansion
- "Dibley Revisted", Episode 7 - Sometimes Love Means Letting Go
- "Dibley Revisited", Episode 8 (End) -- And Baby Makes Five in February 2012