Three years after Voldemort's defeat, Hermione Granger is a Ministry-appointed Defense Inquisitor. Her next assignment: defend Draco Malfoy.
She's sure there must be some mistake. How could she possibly defend the man who tormented her for years?
Soon, she realizes that what she believes and what is true might be two different things. Confronted with mysterious memories, candid conversations, and confusing feelings, she is plagued with uncertainty.
Just who is Draco Malfoy? And does he deserve a second chance?
Years of wrong decisions have finally caught up with Draco Malfoy. Held in Azkaban, he's now awaiting trial for the crimes he committed in his youth.
Upon learning who has been selected to defend him, his future seems bleaker than he thought. How could the woman who hates him possibly be trusted to give him a fair trial?
Forced to face the mistakes of his past, Draco soon discovers that allies lie in the most unlikely places.
~ 1st Place Winner in the Post-War Era in the 2019 Harry Potter Seeker Awards by @silverstorme ~
~ Best Overall & Best Prose Winner in the A Kiss Goodnight Category for the 2019 Dreamland Awards by @DreamlandCommunity
- Chapter 1: Unexpected Events
- Chapter 2: A Decision
- Chapter 3: The Meeting
- Chapter 4: Dire Circumstances
- Chapter 5: A Mother's Love
- Chapter 6: What Our Memories Allow
- Chapter 7: Don't You Know?
- Chapter 8: Notions
- Chapter 9: Bound to Get Hurt
- Chapter 10: A Good Soul
- Chapter 11: I Used to Live Alone
- Chapter 12: The Unlikelihood of Hope
- Chapter 13: I Wish
- Chapter 14: Some People
- Chapter 15: Through the Looking Glass
- Chapter 16: Questions
- Chapter 17: You'll See
- Chapter 18: The Trial
- Chapter 19: Aftershocks
- Chapter 20: Real Life
- Chapter 21: Before I Knew You
- Chapter 22: Friends Today
- Chapter 23: Stranger Things
- Chapter 24: The Truth
- Chapter 25: I Remember