Marianne Ridge the Second has always dreamed of becoming a writer. Unfortunately, after her family moves to Utah, that no longer seems plausible.
When she's offered the chance to not flunk P.E. again this year, she leaps at it. Until she's told that she must tutor the non-attractive captain of the football team.
As she struggles to tutor Leo Rodriguez, she becomes friends with not only him, but his entire family. Little do the Rodriguez's know about the past that Marianne is battling everyday. The secrets she's kept and the people she has lied to. Can they forgive her? Can she forgive herself?
Warning: this story talks a lot about the LDS/ Mormon religion. (Hence the setting in Utah)
#26 in dreams
#22 in moving
#7 in tutor
Cover by @geek-goddess225
Started on: March 16, 2019
Finished on: ?
This book is only rated mature because it talks about strong themes such as suicide, depression, death, and guilt, amongst other things. If these could provide triggers in any way, shape, or form, please don't read. If not, just click that orange button and start reading.
- Author's Note
- Chapter 1: Break-ups and Goodbyes
- Chapter 2: Journals and Utah
- Chapter 3: Mansions and Puppies
- Chapter 4: Mean Girls and Rumors
- Chapter 5: Football and P.E.
- Chapter 6: Sarcasm and Books
- Chapter 7: Introductions and McDonalds
- Chapter 8: Addresses and Dogs
- Chapter 9: Laughter and Deals
- Chapter 10: Unicorns and Picnics
- Chapter 11: Pedals and Brakes
- Chapter 12: Shoplifting and Murder
- Chapter 13: Bad Moods and Lessons
- Chapter 14: Tombstones and Toby
- Chapter 15: Gluten Free and Cancer
- Chapter 16: Confrontations and Secrets
- Chapter 17: Suitcases and Notes
- Chapter 18: Packing and Parks
- Chapter 19: Songs and Stories
- Chapter 20: Boredom and Tempers
- Chapter 21: Mercedes Benzs and Dead Cats
- Chapter 22: Religion and Party Invitations
- Chapter 23: Parties and Contests
- Chapter 24: Twenty-Two Cups and Phone Calls
- Chapter 25: Alarm Clocks and Questions
- Chapter 26: Renovations and Fathers
- Chapter 27: Siblings and Presents
- Chapter 28: Birthdays and Phone Numbers
- Chapter 29: Accidents and Blankets
- Chapter 30: Hospitals and Confusion
- Chapter 31: The Whole Story and Heavy Burdens
- Chapter 32: Frozen and Miracles
- Chapter 33: Death and Guilt