Erin craves the life of her peers. She wants friends. She wants a place to call her home. She wants to be a normal teenage girl with hobbies and maybe even a boyfriend. Her parents have made that all but impossible though.
Her parents keep her on the move, running from something otherworldly. Between the guns and the magic, Erin knows there is no way it could be something normal like a cartel or the Feds. One summer evening, she finally gets a clue about what and who they are hiding from.
Three men arrive unannounced at their home in Indiana, bringing tidings of death and danger. Erin is thrown into the magical and monstrous chaos of the life her parents left behind to protect her. Will she find a way to adapt to this new world? Or will her growing power consume her heart, body, and soul?
**This is currently undergoing heavy revision.**
Art by Brice Chaplet
- Prologue: Go to Sleep
- I - Life Unexamined
- II - Uninvited Dinner Guests
- III - Freak Hunting Dog
- IV - Owl & Hound
- V - The Weird Kid Next Door
- VI - Maggy
- VII - Mr. Black
- VIII - Interrogation with a Vampire
- IX - So That's How Those Work
- X - Orienteering
- XI - The Funeral Guest Book
- XII - Blood Sacrifice
- XIII - Crushed Dreams
- XIV - Final Rest
- XV - The Structural Integrity of Forks
- XVI - A Monster and A Village of Its Own
- XVII - The Goddess Museum of Religious Antiquity
- XVIII - Burning Out
- XIX - The Me Not in Me
- XX - Aether Fountains and Asphodel
- XXI - Beautiful Nightmare, Nero
- XXII - Run Away Home
- XXIII - "Normal"
- XXIV - I Am Spartacus, but Also an Idiot
- Epilogue: No. Seriously. Go to sleep.