Adalé Whitmore never expected to become involved with an international conspiracy her first day of work.
After traveling across the continent to seek her fortune, a job as a navigator aboard the beautiful Eagle's Arrow airship seems like a godsend, even if it is offered by a possibly insane captain. That is, until the crew discovers a mysterious device that should not exist hidden in their cargo, a device that people are willing to kill for. Adalé and her new crew join in a deadly race of riddles to discover the truth of the impossible machine before it's too late.
Set in an alternate version of 1887, The Eagle's Arrow takes readers on a journey around a rich steampunk world in a story of mad scientists, aerial libraries, unlikely friends, and just the right amount of tea.
Updates will be slow as I work through some real-life things, but I hope to get back to a regular posting schedule soon.
This story is a collaboration between @Xenoclea (main writer, alternate timeline researcher, real-life mad scientist, lover of top hats) and @illgetthereoneday (main beta-reader, main editor, real-life world traveler, bad idea smasher).
Cover by @Anonymousmlpfan
- The Eagle's Arrow
- Chapter One - The Airdocks of San Francisco
- Chapter Two - The Everything Ship
- Chapter Three - A Most Mysterious Device
- Chapter Four - Crimson Flames and Scattered Ash
- Chapter Five - Riddles, Poems, and Ten-Penny Prose
- Chapter Six - What Adalé Heard on the Rooftop
- Chapter Seven - The Taste of Pepper Sauce
- Chapter Eight - Feathers and Soot
- Chapter Nine - Enginemaster
- Chapter Ten - Nothing To Fear
- Chapter Eleven - The Secrets of the Eliza May
- Chapter Twelve - Ten Golden Yen
- Chapter Thirteen - Annemarie Wilhelmina Therese
- Chapter Fourteen - The Fool
- Chapter Fifteen - Of Pocket-Books and Pistols
- Chapter Sixteen - The Three Captains
- Chapter Seventeen - Crash
- Chapter Eighteen - A Funeral in the Greenhouse
- Chapter Nineteen - Memories Mountainside
- Chapter Twenty - The Poppy Grower's Tale
- Chapter Twenty-One - About Letters
- Chapter Twenty-Two - The Markets of Bombay
- Chapter Twenty-Three - What Annemarie Heard in the Roses
- Chapter Twenty-Four - Copperbird
- Chapter Twenty-Five - The Watercolor Clouds
- Chapter Twenty-Six - The Sky Above Cairo
- Chapter Twenty-Seven - Calligraphy Knives
- Chapter Twenty-Eight - Mysteries and Midnight Oil
- Chapter Twenty-Nine - A Light in the Engines
- Chapter Thirty - Wednesday Morning
- Chapter Thirty-One - Oranges and Almonds