Gabriel didn't know what hit him. One moment, he was staring at his lovely date, and the next, she was pulling out a gun and shooting random men on the street.
The first, she shot in the head. He had a black suit on, as if he just came from a meeting. There was a calamari vendor who was dipping squid rings on a batter before frying it. She shot him in the chest. Without batting an eye, she cocked her gun and shot in the guts a Fine Arts student crossing the street.
He stared aghast at his date, who calmly tucked her gun back into her bag as if she did nothing out of the ordinary. 'Oh, yeah. I shoot random men while sipping on a hot cup of overpriced coffee. Just felt like it, you know? Oh, would you like some more sugar on your latte?'
Gabriel shook his head to clear his mind off the crazy thought. He swallowed the huge lump in his throat and gaped at Selina. “What the heck?!” he screamed when he was able to find his voice.
Selina turned to Gabriel and smiled. “You saw that? Good. You’re the seventh Candidate. Come with me.”
With that, Gabriel gets thrown into a wild adventure involving Guardians (who are neither angels nor spirits) and their never-ending war against the demons that ravage all the Worlds—both visible and invisible.
As he journeys with newfound, if albeit weird and cranky allies, he learns more about himself, his elusive past, his destiny and ultimately finds out what it means to be a true Champion—and maybe find love in the process, too.
**"Champions" is a published and fast-selling book in the Philippines. For more info, visit www.karrenrenzsena.com or www.kerygmabooks.com and www.kerygmabooks.com/ebooks
**Available in Google Books
**Available soon in Amazon
- 00: OF WORLDS VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, AND THE BEGINNING OF THE END
- 01: ON MISSING HOME AND STALKING LOVESTRUCK BOYS
- 02: FIGHTING DEMONS GETS YOU KICKED OUT OF CLASS
- 03: FIERY SUNSETS, MELANCHOLIA, AND BEAUTIFUL, PISSED-OFF LADIES
- 04: CRANKY PRIESTS, NOISY KIDS, AND MEDDLING NUNS MAKE UP A GOOD FAMILY
- 05: BRONZE MEDALLIONS ARE MORE THAN WHAT THEY SEEM
- 06: GUNS AND GIRLS DON'T MIX... IF THEY DID, RUN
- 07: WHEN YOUR LIFE CRUMBLES AROUND YOU KEEP CALM AND REMEMBER
- 08: ON ESCAPING FOUL-TEMPERED WARRIORS AND CHASING AFTER THE PAST
- 09: DIMENSION TRAVEL IS THE NEW COOL
- 10: WHEN THE APOCALYPSE LOOMS ON THE HORIZON, CHOOSE LOVE
- 11: STUDY YOUR HISTORY BEFORE YOU GO OUT TO SAVE THE WORLDS
- 12: YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY NO, BUT THAT WOULD REALLY, REALLY SUCK
- 13: THE WORLDS IN THE HANDS OF MISFITS AND TROUBLEMAKERS
- 14: GETTING DOWN TO THE BUSINESS OF HEROISM
- 15: DRAMATIC ANOINTING CEREMONIES QUESTIONABLE CREDENTIALS...
- 16: BECAUSE GUARDIANS KNOW HOW TO ROCK AND ROLL
- 17: MORE QUESTIONABLE CREDENTIALS AND DANCING WEAPON WIELDERS
- 18: I TAKE CARE OF WHAT'S MINE
- 19: OUT OF THE FLAMES AND INTO THE DEEP - THE PATH OF INNER BEASTS
- 20: FURTHER INTO THE DEEP AND FARTHER FROM THE LIGHT
- 21: NOT ABOUT WHAT'S IN FRONT BUT WHAT'S BEHIND
- 22: INTO THE HEART OF THE BATTLE
- 23: THE HARDEST BATTLES ARE BETWEEN FRIENDS
- 24: WHEN ONE DOOR OPENS, CLOSE IT; WHEN ANOTHER CLOSES, LET IT BE
- 25: THE END OF THE BEGINNING OF THE END
- EPILOGUE: WHEN THE VISIBLE BECOMES INVISIBLE AND THE END STARTS TO BEGIN AGAIN
- EXTRA: THE CHAMPIONS ON TINDER
- EXTRA: LUKAS PROVES HE GOT GAME
- A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE: GaSolenn
- A LETTER FROM GABRIEL
- EXTRA 03: MOMENTS AND MEMORIES