Annie Halden was the exact definition of a wallflower. She lived on the sidelines, didn't like attention and worried too much.
She wrote letters to herself as her way to get her thoughts out. She never told anyone or let anyone see.
Leo Smith, one of the school star athletes and most popular boys, found one of her letters. He started breaking into her locker to read the letters every time there was a new one.
He grew concerned about her and wanted to protect her, he wanted to know why she was so broken and who hurt her, he wanted her to know he was there for her - be her shoulder to lean on.
How would this friendship work out with Annie being as shy and quiet as she is, never getting close to anyone? How would this friendship last if Annie came to find out the truth about Leo stealing and reading her personal letters?
#1 in teen romance
- you're writing, like usual
- the butterflies have broken wings
- she's not like all the girls you talk to
- pretend to wear a smile
- two different worlds
- the things you ran from
- you just might be my lucky charm
- being on the sidelines is better
- hold the power to hurt me
- i ignored my instincts
- i won't let him do that to me
- i'm just going to trust
- demons that don't allow me to let myself be happy, even for a little while
- nothing good ever lasts
- my god, you're precious
- you're a mystery
- monsters are real and they look just like people
- you can't destroy me because i destroy myself
- could not let go of her
- the broken, damaged girl
- ended up being just like the rest of them
- not sad anymore, i'm just tired
- final letter