Adventurers enter dungeons every day. Battling evil monsters, defying dangerous terrain, triumphing over devious traps...
... but none of them ever ask why?
That arrow trap, who reloads it? The pitfall trap, who cleans out the bodies and sharpens the spikes? What if the grates get clogged, where will the blood and gore drain? When you are trying to study ancient lore or plan on conquering a kingdom, you don't want to worry about all that. You just want peace.
Mortis Opperandi is a different kind of company. One that celebrates diversity. One that celebrates value in individuals. With flexible pay and plenty of advancement opportunities, it is a company that knows its workers are it's most valuable asset. As they design, build, and install traps, rooms, obstacles, and repair they are a one stop shop.
When a possible recall sets events into motion, the company must pivot in a new paradigm of full circle Dungeon service. The Goblin Eft No-toes has a solution that entwines ex-adventurer Elric into the business of death.
*Note the above statements are forward looking statements. In no way do they promote or suggest that Mortis Opperandi will project greater sales or revenue. Understand that investing in a company does involve some risks, and possibly much rewards.
-I started this story for NaNoWriMo 2018, I'll post parts as I complete them and revise some. Will post 1-2 per week till either I catch up to current progress or story finishes.
- Chapter 1 - Recall Notice, UL-DR2142
- Chapter 2 - Service Contracts
- Chapter 3 - New Hire and Orientation.
- Chapter 4 - Interdepartmental Relations
- Chapter 5 - Violence in the workplace.
- Chapter - 6 Improper Abuse of Office Equipment
- Chapter 7 - Employee Enrichment
- Chapter 8 - Authorized Company Travel
- Chapter 9 - In Home Support Services
- Chapter 10 - Gifts and Bribery Policy
- Chapter 11 - Steps to Success
- Intermission 1 - Product Catalog
- Chapter 12 - Travel Per Deim
- Chapter 13 - Off-Site Event Policy
- Chapter 14 - Disciplinary Action
- Chapter 15 - Eft's Tale
- Chapter 16 - Short Term Leave and FMLA
- Chapter 17 - Non-Paid Time Off
- Chapter 18 - Personal Improvement Plan: Step 1 Summary of Discussion
- Chapter 19 - Personal Improvement Plan - Step 2: Guidelines for Improvement
- Chapter 20 - Personal Improvement Plan Step 3: Actionable items